ATF: Road Warrior - Best Location for Dryer Vent ?

danemayer

Hi athompson,

If you have washer/dryer prep (plumbing and electric for the washer and dryer), the vent should be located nearby. There may even be a label. It's a good idea to drill some small test holes around the area you plan to cut, to ensure there are no structural beams.

Sidewalls don't usually have electric inside them.

Last edited by a moderator:

david-steph2018

We have been thinking about it, but been on the fence about it. Only thing I can add to it would be watch your deck and wiring to the tv, and the awning. With the switch for the big awning in the garage (on our 2018 427 at least) I am not sure how they ran the power wire to the awning.
But when you figure it out let us know in case wife decides she wants the washer/dryer thing.

hlcross

We have been thinking about it, but been on the fence about it. Only thing I can add to it would be watch your deck and wiring to the tv, and the awning. With the switch for the big awning in the garage (on our 2018 427 at least) I am not sure how they ran the power wire to the awning.
But when you figure it out let us know in case wife decides she wants the washer/dryer thing.

We thought we didn't have a sticker indicating the location to drill because we had a pantry shelf in front of it. But we do! So we feel much better. We have the 2017 427 with the washer/dryer hook ups behind the half bath. There are no switches or outlets on that outside wall. I think they moved it to the center of the garage in the 2018? Is that where yours is?

LBR

We thought we didn't have a sticker indicating the location to drill because we had a pantry shelf in front of it. But we do! So we feel much better. We have the 2017 427 with the washer/dryer hook ups behind the half bath. There are no switches or outlets on that outside wall. I think they moved it to the center of the garage in the 2018? Is that where yours is?
Before you fire up the hole saw, I would drill 4 very small test holes at 3,6,9,&12 O'clock of that "suggested" hole....paying special attention to the 3 and 9 O'clock ones.

There are several threads here citing factory location had them cutting thru an upright.

hlcross

Before you fire up the hole saw, I would drill 4 very small test holes at 3,6,9,&12 O'clock of that "suggested" hole....paying special attention to the 3 and 9 O'clock ones.
There are several threads here citing factory location had them cutting thru an upright.

We will definitely do that! Thanks for the heads up! That is very helpful!

Gaffer

Also use a stud finder to see if there are any vertical supports behind that drill here sticker. You wouldn't be the first to find a stud behind that sticker.

david-steph2018

yes the 2018. The washer dryer hookup is in the front right corner under a storage area.