Slides and Weight.....

aknavy

Was looking at a few Landmarks today and noticed that some have the cable slides and some use the worm drive slides. How do these hold up long term? I'm only used to hydraulic slides, which I like.

The slide in slide bedroom - love the space, leery of the implementation. Feedback on leaking, adjustment, or slide mechanism failures?

Floor plan modifications - the Bighorn offers an office space in place of a half bath on one of the front bath models - is Heartland open to making production modifications like that on Landmarks?

Weight - How far off is your actual measured weight vs the specifications for the model? This can be the manufacturer sticker or real weights.

Multiplex lighting/One Control - I'm normally a fan of simplicity, so this kinda concerns me - does it have many issues?

Thanks!

danemayer

Floor plan modifications - the Bighorn offers an office space in place of a half bath on one of the front bath models - is Heartland open to making production modifications like that on Landmarks?

Weight - How far off is your actual measured weight vs the specifications for the model? This can be the manufacturer sticker or real weights.

Multiplex lighting/One Control - I'm normally a fan of simplicity, so this kinda concerns me - does it have many issues?

Modifications are difficult to get, but phone calls are cheap. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Landmark sales.

Weight specs are usually based on a prototype that doesn't include options and of course is empty. It's not unusual to leave the dealer lot somewhat higher than the empty weight spec.

The KIB Multi-Plex has been pretty much trouble free. I've heard of 1 or 2 problems that looked like KIB problems, but may have actually been at the other end of the wire. We have an owner-written user guide on the KIB that may help you understand it better.

RickL

I believe you are referring to the Oshkosh with a slide in a slide. While I haven’t had ours for long, 7 months, we haven’t had any issues with seals to date. As far as the operation of the slides, we had an issue with a main slide motor out of the gate, which they replaced. Since then we haven’t had an issue. Do I worry about it, yes, only because of the original issue. But as time goes by I think I’ll be more at ease. I always pay particular attention to the motors running listening for any difference in operation so it can potentially alert me to a potential issue.

Would I buy another unit with a slide in a slide - absolutely because of the additional room it affords.