Entry door plunger switch

MarJim

I have a 2011 Bighorn 3585RL and I need to replace the plunger switch at the bottom of the hinge side of the door. Does anyone know where i can get one or know the make and part number? Also there are two 12 volt switches located on the left side of the bedroom closet, does anyone know what these are for? They don" seem to control anything.

Jim and Marlene
2011 Bighorn 3585RL
Florida

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I can't help you with the plunger switch, but the two switches control the speakers in the bedroom. On/off.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Are you talking about the Welcome Home Light plunger that has 2 prongs on the door, and makes a connection with 2 contacts on the door frame? If so, it's not actually a switch. If not working, it's often that the contacts need to be cleaned.

MarJim

I have a 2011 Bighorn 3585RL and I need to replace the plunger switch at the bottom of the hinge side of the door. Does anyone know where i can get one or know the make and part number? Also there are two 12 volt switches located on the left side of the bedroom closet, does anyone know what these are for? They don" seem to control anything.

Jim and Marlene
2011 Bighorn 3585RL
Florida

Thank you Dave for that information about the speaker switches.

Danemayer, i thought it was for the Welcome Home light as well but i have removed the plunger switch and the Welcome Home light still works. The plunger switch i believe is for the wireless keypad unlock mechanism. The reason i need to replace it is that some time before i bought it the switch melted.

danemayer

Thank you Dave for that information about the speaker switches.

Danemayer, i thought it was for the Welcome Home light as well but i have removed the plunger switch and the Welcome Home light still works. The plunger switch i believe is for the wireless keypad unlock mechanism. The reason i need to replace it is that some time before i bought it the switch melted.

You're right - I wrote Welcome Home Light but was thinking about the spring loaded contacts that provide power to the wireless keypad's receiver. In any event, I don't think those are actually switches. They're just an extension of the wire that makes contact with the pad on the frame. Not sure how it could melt. The original Southco keypads from the 2011/2012 timeframe have pretty much all stopped working for one reason or another. If that's what you're trying to fix, you'd be better off looking at RVLock.com.

jbeletti

Jim and Marlene - welcome to the Forum!

While the keyless door lock system was provided by SouthCo, I think Lippert was the marketer and installer into their door of that product. Both Lippert and SouthCo customer service numbers are listed on the forum. From the menu above, click on Portals, then look on the left side of the page below Important Contacts.

I agree with Dan - you'll be better off ordering an RVLock.com keyless entry door lock than spending time and a bit of money repairing what's there.