SOLVED: Mystery Switch (exterior step light)

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
On our control panel to the left of the bank of switches is a single on off switch, it is located below the level up panel.
I have toggled it on and walked around the coach to find nothing different, turned it to off, still no change, does anyone know what this is for? We have a 2018 3760.

I have contacted the factory about 2 weeks ago, still heard nothing there. Dealer has no idea.

Oldelevatorman

Mystery Switch

I have one like that too. I've tried everything and don't know what it does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
352e0e8c5f823ea42e716f68b63ca326.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Re: Mystery Switch

On our control panel to the left of the bank of switches is a single on off switch, it is located below the level up panel.
I have toggled it on and walked around the coach to find nothing different, turned it to off, still no change, does anyone know what this is for? We have a 2018 3760.

I have contacted the factory about 2 weeks ago, still heard nothing there. Dealer has no idea.

Pictures would help...

Chippendale

My 2014 Gateway also had a "Mystery Switch", and one day after about a year I was on a step ladder and happened to look over at the cabinet above the TV and fireplace and there was a light fixture up there facing up. This fixture had an on/off toggle switch which I pushed and bingo, I knew what the "Mystery Switch" was for. I guess it was some sort of "mood light". I never used it, and no longer own the trailer, wonder if the new owner has figured it out yet. LOL

travelin2

Our two un-labeled mystery switches were for the strip of led awning lights and the awning

Chainsaw

Maybe for the switched outlet outside, doorside, near the front.

We have a space for that and it is labeled but no switch. On this trailer we only have one outside outlet.

- - - Updated - - -

Our two un-labeled mystery switches were for the strip of led awning lights and the awning

Thanks, our awning and outside lights are labeled.
I think I will pull the panel and see if there are wires attached to the switch.

BLR

We have a space for that and it is labeled but no switch. On this trailer we only have one outside outlet.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, our awning and outside lights are labeled.
I think I will pull the panel and see if there are wires attached to the switch.
We had 2 mystery
Switches on our Cyclone and it turned out to be the light by our sink and also in our loft.. they also has a push button on them.. the push buttons happened to be in the off position.... All switches work now..

Sent from BLR Logistics

Chainsaw

Here is a picture of the panel

Attachments

• switch  with marks.jpg
    switch with marks.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 96

travelin2

There’s a welcome home light (amber marker light) behind the outside steps...
That switch for that???

CoveredWagon

That switch for that???

I think the welcome home light is the one that comes on in the hallway automatically when you open the door and turns off after a short time. Our mystery step light switch is located just below the bottom step going to the bedroom. Why it’s therebeats me. 🤔

travelin2

I think the welcome home light is the one that comes on in the hallway automatically when you open the door and turns off after a short time. Our mystery step light switch is located just below the bottom step going to the bedroom. Why it’s therebeats me.

So is ours but one never knows...LOL!

MP_CS

Pull the switch out and see if its even connected to anything. Wouldn’t surprise me if it wasn’t. 😂

Chippendale

So I taking a wild guess,.....?
You really like baked beans.!
LoL

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Got to have something for rally pot lucks, a few cans of beans in a warm crock pot sure beats slaving over a hot stove all day.

Chainsaw

That switch for that???

Yup!!! Thank You that is what the switch is for.

- - - Updated - - -

Got to have something for rally pot lucks, a few cans of beans in a warm crock pot sure beats slaving over a hot stove all day.

You are so right, we are going to a rally in Camrose AB

travelin2

Yup!!! Thank You that is what the switch is for.

- - - Updated - - -

AB

Awesome!! Who’d a thunk as ours is powered buy a small switch by the BR steps!!!!