Legend TV mystery????

jimpav

We have a 2014 Gateway 3200RS with a 40" legend TV (model LE 3933) . Suddenly, it started to change channels all by itself after a few minutes. Here's some of the things I tried:
1) Took batteries out of the remote, still changed by itself
2) Hooked to cable vs off the air
3) Changed locations four times in different parts of the state
4) changed fresh batteries in the remote
5) Left without power connected for several days
6) Assured nothing else around like another RV or house with someone else that might be changing channels
7) Hit frame with a soft blow hammer ( just kidding)

There are some closed threads concerning the Legend TV, but not for this issue.

I know it's a cheap TV ostensibly made by Prima Electronics, across the ocean. I have read elsewhere that the only TV that has a reinforced internal frame, and possibly even other components to handle trailer movement going down the road, is the Jensen TV I would have hoped it would have lasted a bit longer than four years.
When the tires wore out on my last Heartland (Eagle Ridge), I just traded the whole trailer in for a new one. Might do that for this one also, then all issues will be fixed, but first would like some ideas. Yes, I know the first one, get a better TV..................

Bones

Get a better TV. We started having issues with the bunk house TV where it would lock up while searching for channels.

olcoon

I think the problem is that you've absorbed too much radiation through the years. Have you tried sitting across the room, then thinking about what channel you want without using the remote? :D:D

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We have a 2014 Gateway 3200RS with a 40" legend TV (model LE 3933) . Suddenly, it started to change channels all by itself after a few minutes. Here's some of the things I tried:
6) Assured nothing else around like another RV or house with someone else that might be changing channels

I know it's a cheap TV ostensibly made by Prima Electronics, across the ocean. I have read elsewhere that the only TV that has a reinforced internal frame, and possibly even other components to handle trailer movement going down the road, is the Jensen TV I would have hoped it would have lasted a bit longer than four years.
When the tires wore out on my last Heartland (Eagle Ridge), I just traded the whole trailer in for a new one. Might do that for this one also, then all issues will be fixed, but first would like some ideas. Yes, I know the first one, get a better TV..................

After having met you, I can honestly say, without a doubt, its your magnetic personality!

carl.swoyer

It's your neighbor!
He has a legend TV and is changing your TV channels from his RV! Rolol!!! I used to do that to my sister. She was clueless.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

John T Bettencourt

Legend is a very cheap TV just throw it in the dumpster. Go to Wal Mart and get a Sanyo or other brand that's what I did with my Jensen I had.