T32 Review

TheLazyC

So we are going on one year as a T32 Owner and have only made about 6 trips but this past weekend I realized a few things....

First, we did not put much thought into our purchase and did not prioritize our needs, which is our fault not Heartland...

But some of my observations...

1. bathroom vent with exhaust fan, too high, cannot reach it to use it
2. just about ALL of the storage is placed too high, both my wife and I are 5'8" and have to get a step ladder out to grab anything
3. theater seating is nice, comfortable, but once you are seated, NOBODY can pass through without retracting the foot rest.
4. front bedroom, absolutely no floor space, cannot even get dressed in the bedroom and have to crawl over the bed to get in
5. sliding patio doors, do not stay on the track in both kitchen/garage and garage/patio
6. bunk bed, but no way to access it without ladder, which we had to purchase
7. poorly labeled light switches
8. water heater, either electric or gas - there is no way to turn it off on the panel. I leave camper plugged up to power year round
9. TV Cable: we have 4 TVs installed (bedroom, kitchen, garage & patio) and none of the coax plugs work, not for Satellite, antenna or cable.
10. poor placement of fresh water tank fill and city water connection on the opposite side from all of the other utilities and behind the door.
11. roof drain spout: pours off the room directly in front of the only storage access on the camper
12. no outside electric plug. VERY FRUSTRATING. we like to use an electric skillet for breakfast, decorative lights, fan, etc outdoors and there are no outside receptacles.

Not meant to bash, but just some observations that can maybe be considered for future or for new buys to consider

As far as the PROS,
1. it is a nice looking RV, we always get compliments.
2. enjoy the side patio deck, comes in handy with kids and pets and also for raining days
3. garage is nice, roomy
4. bath is small but functional, shower has plenty of room

Attachments

• IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 52

jbeletti

Hi Ken and Janice,

Thank you for being a Heartland owners and taking the time to add your review. After my reply here, I'll move your thread to the Torque Prospective Owners forum so prospective buyers can read your perspective.

Hope to meet you guys at a Heartland Owners Club rally!

sengli

Wow , no outside AC outlets. I wouldnt have even thought to look for them, Figured they all had them.

EGarey

#8 we have a slightly different model, there is a switch to turn on/off the electric water heater but it is outside, have to open the cover outside to reach it which I am not really sure why it is like that instead of on the control panel inside.

ksucntry

#8 we have a slightly different model, there is a switch to turn on/off the electric water heater but it is outside, have to open the cover outside to reach it which I am not really sure why it is like that instead of on the control panel inside.

I actually like that there is 2 switches. Its an added safety for in case someone flips that switch (which is next to the cabin lights) it won't burn up the heater if there is no water in the tank. IMHO

Brian

EGarey

I actually like that there is 2 switches. Its an added safety for in case someone flips that switch (which is next to the cabin lights) it won't burn up the heater if there is no water in the tank. IMHO

Brian

On ours there is only one switch, the one outside. There is only a switch inside to turn on LP water heater not electric so you have to open the door outside to turn it on or off. Our first trip this was never shown to us and it was not until we could reach service to figure out how to turn on the water heater.

ksucntry

On ours there is only one switch, the one outside. There is only a switch inside to turn on LP water heater not electric so you have to open the door outside to turn it on or off. Our first trip this was never shown to us and it was not until we could reach service to figure out how to turn on the water heater.

Bummer, only the one switch - and the fact it was basically hidden and never explained to you- that's bad communication from the dealership. Sorry you had to find out the hard way

jbeletti

To only activate the electric water heater from outside has to be inconvenient. Never heard of that either.

I would interrupt the hot (Black) leg of the power feed with a switch inside the coach. If you’re capable, this would be a worthy mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EGarey

Bummer, only the one switch - and the fact it was basically hidden and never explained to you- that's bad communication from the dealership. Sorry you had to find out the hard way

Only one of many miss communications with the dealer. After a while you give up lol

danemayer

Assuming a Suburban water heater, which has a switch under the exterior cover, you could turn on the electric heating element without another switch inside. But you clearly couldn't turn on the propane heating side of the water heater without a switch inside.

I'll hazard a guess that you do have switches inside, but perhaps haven't found them yet.

You might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

660griz

Same issues as we found. Good review.
I have got to add an outside electrical outlet.
Another issue is the provided table for between the garage 'couches'.
The slope on the floor for ease of loading low ground clearance vehicles makes it impossible to seat everyone at a level table. :)
Need blackout curtains for patio and garage to kitchen sliding doors. Folks sleeping in the back get up with he sun. :)

TheLazyC

Same issues as we found. Good review.
I have got to add an outside electrical outlet.
Another issue is the provided table for between the garage 'couches'.
The slope on the floor for ease of loading low ground clearance vehicles makes it impossible to seat everyone at a level table. :)
Need blackout curtains for patio and garage to kitchen sliding doors. Folks sleeping in the back get up with he sun. :)

Very true....

We do not use the table, because there is not a good place to store it for travel, had it under the mattress on the garage bunk first trip and it flew out and scared up the wall and table.

Also true that floor is sloped for inside seats.

We ordered curtain rods and curtains and installed, but really should have been part of the original decor, no privacy at all for rear bedroom/garage area.

EGarey

Very true....

We do not use the table, because there is not a good place to store it for travel, had it under the mattress on the garage bunk first trip and it flew out and scared up the wall and table.

Also true that floor is sloped for inside seats.

We ordered curtain rods and curtains and installed, but really should have been part of the original decor, no privacy at all for rear bedroom/garage area.

I took a couple pad eyes and screwed them to the top bunk at edges of mattress and have strap from one to the other to hold the table on the top bunk