Side porch and ramp issues

Duckdock

Just purchased a 2015 Cyclone, after camping the first time noticed soft places on the porch and back ramp as well. We are really dissapointed with the overall design of the porch and the ramp, after checking a repair facility, they suggested replacement ramps, only thing I see is the same thing happening again and spending another $4000. Has anyone else chosen to repair the ramps correctly with more stable components, instead of replacing with the same cheap crap? Thanks in advance, and btw we are happy so far with everythimg else, just seems kinda shoty with the ramps.

jimtoo

HI Duckdock,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some info from our other members soon.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

danemayer

Hi Duckdock,

You might want to call Lippert as they probably made the ramps. Even though out of warranty, they could choose to help you. Calls don't cost much. Second owner getting help is a little less likely, but you never know. I wouldn't lead with that info.

From what I've read, once you have new ramps, it's a good idea to caulk all of the hardware entry points to prevent water intrusion.

sengli

Saw another thread here where the guy, had the replacement ramps coated with the same process they use on(spray in) pick beds. Seems as if he thought that would seal the deck against moisture intrusion.

LBR

I just got my Herculiner kit from the big A couple days ago....waiting for the right day to seal all rear patio to aluminum joints and hardware areas.

We don't let ours get wet except morning dew and that occasional "dang, it sprinkled when we were gone".
c46f8305a1917e182ed8fa8340efd3f1.jpg

Sowie

Just an FYI when Line x sprayed mine they first applied a special adhesion primer over the black sand paper like material. They said on previous ramps they had done the material didn’t adhere well which at first I thought was ridiculous as this is about as rough of a surface as you could think of. They actually sanded the black part smooth to get the rough texture off. You might want to try it on a small area just to make sure it will adhere good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just purchased a 2015 Cyclone, after camping the first time noticed soft places on the porch and back ramp as well. We are really dissapointed with the overall design of the porch and the ramp, after checking a repair facility, they suggested replacement ramps, only thing I see is the same thing happening again and spending another $4000. Has anyone else chosen to repair the ramps correctly with more stable components, instead of replacing with the same cheap crap? Thanks in advance, and btw we are happy so far with everythimg else, just seems kinda shoty with the ramps.

What did you end up doing about your side patio? We Just bought a used 4200 2015 model and the floor was mushy and all warped. So my boyfriend cut the top layer out By a section. And we noticed it is constructed of very thick foam and we are assuming some cheap plywood which is glued to the fiberglass. And everything is soaking wet. We also want to repair the patio ourselves rather than buying another project when it ruins.

avvidclif

I have a 2015 and had the same problem like a lot of other folks. Lippert actually gave (?) me the ramp but the $1k shipping bill hurt. I think they had a run of bad ones as you don't see the problem mentioned in the later models.

Sowie

So I’ve posted on this before and have replaced my side patio while it was just out of warranty. Lci replaced it and shipped for free but I had to cover cost to paint and the labor to install. I had my local truck bed liner co spray both the side and rear patio ramp. In taking it all apart rusty bolts were noticed at the handles. The bedliner covered all of the bolts on the inside and I put a bead of silicon on outside. So far so good. It’s been about 2 years since I did it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk