EZ Snap RV Shades

Skywrench

Full Timer
Yes, we can definitely feel the difference inside. We can keep the blinds open and it’s still cooler inside.

MagnoliaTom

Yes, we can definitely feel the difference inside. We can keep the blinds open and it’s still cooler inside.

Do you feel it was worth the money? Would you recommend it? I’m deciding whether to tint, use the EZ Snap, or window awnings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Do you feel it was worth the money? Would you recommend it? I’m deciding whether to tint, use the EZ Snap, or window awnings.

I guess it would depend if you move around a lot -- sun shades on the windows will have to be removed each time you move, I am sure they'll be ripped off in travel.

Window awnings are subject to wind, and have to be deployed/stowed, and price/installation may be expensive.

Tint doesn't add any additional weight, and doesn't require any energy to make it work. But definitely needs a professional install. And may not truly block heat like shade does.

MagnoliaTom

I guess it would depend if you move around a lot -- sun shades on the windows will have to be removed each time you move, I am sure they'll be ripped off in travel.

Window awnings are subject to wind, and have to be deployed/stowed, and price/installation may be expensive.

Tint doesn't add any additional weight, and doesn't require any energy to make it work. But definitely needs a professional install. And may not truly block heat like shade does.

We don’t full time but we often spend more than a weekend camping. As you may know, it’s always hot in south Texas and we like spending time at the beach (at least 2-3 times a during the summer) which usually means little to no shade. I’m not against putting up the snap shades if they work well. Seems like they may work better than tint. Awnings would be my choice but cost and inability to use them in windy conditions has me leaning to the EZ Snap. Just trying to get the “best bang for the buck” I suppose.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We don’t full time but we often spend more than a weekend camping. As you may know, it’s always hot in south Texas and we like spending time at the beach (at least 2-3 times a during the summer) which usually means little to no shade. I’m not against putting up the snap shades if they work well. Seems like they may work better than tint. Awnings would be my choice but cost and inability to use them in windy conditions has me leaning to the EZ Snap. Just trying to get the “best bang for the buck” I suppose.

I purchased some PHIFER
SunTex 80 material to make my own sunshades, to see if they would help. Made one for the living room slide, 50x31, and think it helped some. Held on with 3M Command Strip Velcro temporarily until I decide it's worth using. I may go ahead and and make one for the dinette slide as well, because it's the biggest window on the rig at 50x50 and gets a lot of afternoon sun.

MagnoliaTom

I purchased some PHIFER
SunTex 80 material to make my own sunshades, to see if they would help. Made one for the living room slide, 50x31, and think it helped some. Held on with 3M Command Strip Velcro temporarily until I decide it's worth using. I may go ahead and and make one for the dinette slide as well, because it's the biggest window on the rig at 50x50 and gets a lot of afternoon sun.

I was just looking at that stuff on amazon. I think I’m going to give the EZ Snap a try.

LBR

We took the 5 metal shades out of our 17.5' CY garage and installed WindowsAndGarden Cordless Shades from Amazon....WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT! I wished I owned stock in that company....

Before purchasing, I read all the 1 and 2 star reviews....pfft, just a bunch of whinners blowing the least little issue out of proportion. Any product that garners 4.8 stars out of 5 with 873 reviews on the big A is good enough for me! My rating is a perfect 5 on all accounts. They stay put when traveling and glide up and down easily. No need for the clumsy looking valances overhead, and since they have no cords attached down the sides, they are a very clean looking product. A plethora of sizes and many colors.

They do take a few extra days of waiting, but well worth it. You even get an email verifying your order from the company for a double check.

Yes, we would buy them again...
12b19c13a50477c1e8c333fc0082eb03.jpg
d259e34ab57d7e8d342d418d53c0bfb8.jpg
6bbe0159c7cb21d7dbdea5e7dfa7ce34.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I was just looking at that stuff on amazon. I think I’m going to give the EZ Snap a try.

Might look at those, too. We don't move off our summer site, but the large rear window and the small one next to it get the bulk of the midday/afternoon sun since the back of the rig is facing south. Even in northern Michigan, the summer sun can get pretty hot. The rest of the windows have awnings covering them (except the ones next to the bed).

Deni Gunn

best, most helpful reply yet!
H
Anyone using this product to help keep heat out of their trailer? I ordered enough snaps and shade material to do every window on my 5th wheel. Was kind of pricey but so is my full time electric bill in south Texas. I’m hoping this makes a difference. I currently use Reflectix to cover the windows from the inside and it helps a lot but I notice the aluminum window frames are transferring a ton of heat from outside to inside. I’m planning on using the EZ Snap material on the outside to cover the windows and window frames to see if it helps. I will probably use the Reflectix and EZ Snap shades together for maximum effect. Anyone with any experience with EZ Snap, your input would be greatly appreciated.
How did the ez snap system work for you? It looks like you've had it for quite a while. I'm considering it for my travel trailer, but several people have said the adhesive wouldn't work after a while, given the extreme temperature fluctuations. I winter in Texas where it can be crazy hot, but the trailer is in freezing temperatures in Canada during spring and fall. Have you had any issues with the adhesive coming off?