SOLVED: Cyclone - Replacement basement key

AnnaIvanZ

My Cyclone basement key broke; luckily it was NOT in the lock at the time, just bent. It broke after I took it out and tried to straighten it. I tried to get a replacement key made at our local hardware store and they said they cannot make ANY kind of RV replacement key, they are a special key. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I have the number that is on the key; it is SOUTHCO RC01. Would Heartland be able to replace this key, or are they dealing with a different company now and a new key would be impossible to find. I do have the "spare" key, but hate to have that one be the only one I have.

Thanks.

jmarnell

Re: ATF: Cyclone - Replacement basement key

My Cyclone basement key broke; luckily it was NOT in the lock at the time, just bent. It broke after I took it out and tried to straighten it. I tried to get a replacement key made at our local hardware store and they said they cannot make ANY kind of RV replacement key, they are a special key. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I have the number that is on the key; it is SOUTHCO RC01. Would Heartland be able to replace this key, or are they dealing with a different company now and a new key would be impossible to find. I do have the "spare" key, but hate to have that one be the only one I have.

Thanks.
There's a website, rvlocksandmore.com, that has replacement keys. They carry the Southco key. I ordered a couple extra door keys from them.