Window latch on vertical window

Brireey1600

Never got any decent replies on this thread to solve my problem . Even asked the factory and they never responded. My latches are still broken.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Well the little latch broke on the window that go up and down need to know how to replace thank you

Hey there Papacokes,

What Heartland product do you have and can you post a picture of the broken window latch?

Rod

- - - Updated - - -

Never got any decent replies on this thread to solve my problem . Even asked the factory and they never responded. My latches are still broken.

If you call Heartland Customer Service (877) 262-8032 during business hours, have the last 6 of your VIN, and I am sure you will get an answer. The Heartland Owners Forum is not monitored by the factory people all the time so things get missed by them. This is a forum for the owners and most answers come from fellow owners. Are you having the same problem as the OP? If so, could you post some pictures and give us info on what Heartland product you have?

Rod

Brireey1600

The windows are on a 2016 Bighorn. I have frameless windows on all but the windows on the slides. The windows on the slides have frames and the latches that hold open the windows with the frames have spring loaded levers with plastic tabs that hold the window in the open position. These tabs break off and I am not sure how to remove them to replace the latches. Looks like the frames need to come out just to replace the latches but wanted to be sure before removing frames

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
The windows are on a 2016 Bighorn. I have frameless windows on all but the windows on the slides. The windows on the slides have frames and the latches that hold open the windows with the frames have spring loaded levers with plastic tabs that hold the window in the open position. These tabs break off and I am not sure how to remove them to replace the latches. Looks like the frames need to come out just to replace the latches but wanted to be sure before removing frames

In looking at the picture on papacokes other post, if you have the same windows as him, I believe you are right and would have to remove the frames in order to get the window out to disassemble the latch. If you call Heartland Customer Service tomorrow they will be able to tell you for sure. *Their number is (877) 262-8032. Have the last 6 of your VIN handy.

Rod

Brireey1600

In looking at the picture on papacokes other post, if you have the same windows as him, I believe you are right and would have to remove the frames in order to get the window out to disassemble the latch. If you call Heartland Customer Service tomorrow they will be able to tell you for sure. *Their number is (877) 262-8032. Have the last 6 of your VIN handy.

Rod
Ok I will do that. Thanks for your help

danemayer

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for parts. Have your VIN # ready. It would help to have a picture that shows the broken part more clearly in case parts needs it.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That is different. Don't the red handles indicate that it's an emergency exit window?

Papacokes

That is different. Don't the red handles indicate that it's an emergency exit window?
Yes it does but all the other ones like it r the same but just the color of the frame so do you no how to fix?!

- - - Updated - - -

What year, make and model do you have? Unfortunately that doesn't look like anything I have on any of my windows, so I will not be able to help out, but maybe someone who has the same make and model will be able to answer?

Rod
2018 big horn travler 32rs