Thread: Picking up M26 this weekend!!!

1. Print this Post   #1

Picking up M26 this weekend!!!

The title says it all! We are picking up our M26 this weekend. I canít find any owner videos online other than dealerships overview videos. Besides a thorough walk through anything I need to look for in particular? Will CW allow me to hook up systems like water, cable and test the tanks?

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Picking up M26 this weekend!!!

Awesome. This will be an exciting weekend.
    Have them show you how everything operates including winterizing valves although you may not have much need for that in Texas.
    And take advantage of the hookups so that if there are any other questions by you they can help. Look for water leaks, check out the TV tuning as well as the sound system if there is one.
    After the water heater is full of water, turn it on to be sure the water heater does work and is not in bypass mode.
    Be sure tires are properly inflated.
    AC and fridge working properly.
    And a great resource for trouble shooting is the Tools button at the top navigation bar on any page of the forum. Check it out, full of information.
    Have fun.

Peace
    Dave
    Dave and Mary
    and C. J.
    2011 Bighorn 3585RL

2013 RAM 3500, CC, DRW, Aisin
    Heartland Owners Club
    Member #1026

Owners Club Membership is now free! Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

3. Print this Post   #3

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Awesome. This will be an exciting weekend.Have them show you how everything operates including winterizing valves although you may not have much need for that in Texas.And take advantage of the hookups so that if there are any other questions by you they can help. Look for water leaks, check out the TV tuning as well as the sound system if there is one. After the water heater is full of water, turn it on to be sure the water heater does work and is not in bypass mode.Be sure tires are properly inflated.AC and fridge working properly.And a great resource for trouble shooting is the Tools button at the top navigation bar on any page of the forum. Check it out, full of information.Have fun.PeaceDave
    Thanks for the great information. Will try to update after picking up the unit.

4. Print this Post   #4

You should plan to do a complete your own Pre-Delivery Inspection. You can use the link below to download mine, or you can search the internet for another one.

This document will take you about 4 hours to complete (don't rush it) and will ensure you understand all the operations of the RV as well as having you inspect the RV. This will help you find all sorts of "gotcha" stuff that might not pop up until later down the road (ie...when your 100's of miles from an RV shop). No matter what the dealer says, their PDI will never cover everything.

Complete this PDI and get dealer to fix all issue before paying for trailer...that way the dealer is very motivated to finish.

https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/pre-delivery-inspection

5. Print this Post   #5

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon_Camper View Post
    You should plan to do a complete your own Pre-Delivery Inspection. You can use the link below to download mine, or you can search the internet for another one.

This document will take you about 4 hours to complete (don't rush it) and will ensure you understand all the operations of the RV as well as having you inspect the RV. This will help you find all sorts of "gotcha" stuff that might not pop up until later down the road (ie...when your 100's of miles from an RV shop). No matter what the dealer says, their PDI will never cover everything.

Complete this PDI and get dealer to fix all issue before paying for trailer...that way the dealer is very motivated to finish.

https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/pre-delivery-inspection
    Will definitely use this. Thanks for the helpful information.

6. Print this Post   #6

ANY problems you discover, do not pay for the unit until they are corrected.....
    2012 Landmark San Antonio
    2012 Ford F350 King Ranch SRW
    DW and the cat

7. Print this Post   #7

Quote Originally Posted by dave10a View Post
    ANY problems you discover, do not pay for the unit until they are corrected.....

Will do. Thanks for the advice