Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Disappointed since we bought it!

  1. Print this Post   #1

    Disappointed since we bought it!

    2017 Trail Runner 25 SLE /....... 344865
    Dear Support workers.
    After buying this trailer last year, we did notice the very poor craftsmanship of this travel trailer. With already a couple of warranty repairs, made also very poorly, I did ask in the last couple of months, to clean the trailer from all wood & metal shavings. Until today, nothing was done with the so called "American Pride"! If this is "American Pride", I'm not surprised that Americans products have less quality than "Made in China" products. I am disabled & my wife is a cancer surviver. We do not like to sleep in a trailer full of debris because your people have absolutely no pride & honour in what they produce! Today I made this "garbage can" ready for our trip before my son arrives from Germany. I did collect only under the sink, 1 plastic plug, 1 metal screw, 1 red plastic cap & couple of bigger wood pieces. After using a flash light and a brush, I vacuumed a whole load of metal and wood shavings so good I could get them. Unfortunately, your workers installed all items (pump, frames, water heater etc.) on top of other debris. Seriously!? I did made pictures from everything. If you like to see them, please let me know.
    Sincerely,
    Absolutely not amused customers!

    This is my email to Heartland RV's. Sorry! This is not acceptable !

  2. Print this Post   #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    CAN - NS
    Posts
    425

    Re: Disappointed since we bought it!

    You should call Heartland customer service directly,have your VIN number ready and ask to speak to the manager of the Trail Runner line.I know your frustration about your build quality but chances are,Nobody from Heartland will see your comments.They do not directly monitor this site.

  3. Print this Post   #3
    Moderator danemayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA - CO
    Posts
    19,113

    Re: Disappointed since we bought it!

    Hi Silverstone,

    If you mentioned anything that can't be easily remedied by yourself or your selling dealer, I may have missed it. No need to bash American workers, even if their work didn't meet your standards.

    So are you just venting, or are you asking for help on something?


    Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

    2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS


    Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

    Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

  4. Print this Post   #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    USA - IN
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: Disappointed since we bought it!

    Not just heartland does this, all of the RV 's are built so fast if the guy on the production line, drops a screw...he doesnt stop working to pick it up. Time is money! Your dealer should have taken the time to clean up, and prep your RV as part of the delivery process. If they didnt, then its not on heartland.

    No big deal on my end...I just broke out a vacuum and it was perfect in very little time.

    signed one lazy merican
    2015 Landmark Ashland 365
    2014 RAM 3500 Laramie Long Horn, HO diesel dually, 3.73, AISIN
    2013 Big Horn 3260RS (sold)
    2011 Elkridge 26RLSS(sold)

  5. Print this Post   #5
    Prolifically Gabby Member JohnDar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA - MI
    Posts
    10,398

    Re: Disappointed since we bought it!

    Should have bought one made in Canada.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Camp Gotchurwallett
    John & Darlene (with feline fuzzbutts Ally, Merlin & Mickey)
    Max the Cat - RIP
    2009 GMC 3500HD SLT CC D/A DRW
    2009 Bighorn 3670RL

    H.O.C. #1225

  6. Print this Post   #6
    Caught In A Mosh
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA - CO
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: Disappointed since we bought it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstone View Post
    2017 Trail Runner 25 SLE /....... 344865
    Dear Support workers.
    After buying this trailer last year, we did notice the very poor craftsmanship of this travel trailer. With already a couple of warranty repairs, made also very poorly, I did ask in the last couple of months, to clean the trailer from all wood & metal shavings. Until today, nothing was done with the so called "American Pride"! If this is "American Pride", I'm not surprised that Americans products have less quality than "Made in China" products. I am disabled & my wife is a cancer surviver. We do not like to sleep in a trailer full of debris because your people have absolutely no pride & honour in what they produce! Today I made this "garbage can" ready for our trip before my son arrives from Germany. I did collect only under the sink, 1 plastic plug, 1 metal screw, 1 red plastic cap & couple of bigger wood pieces. After using a flash light and a brush, I vacuumed a whole load of metal and wood shavings so good I could get them. Unfortunately, your workers installed all items (pump, frames, water heater etc.) on top of other debris. Seriously!? I did made pictures from everything. If you like to see them, please let me know.
    Sincerely,
    Absolutely not amused customers!

    This is my email to Heartland RV's. Sorry! This is not acceptable !

    Asking your trailer to be vacuumed for you after purchase and as a warranty item is ridiculously unreasonable. Sounds to me like you did not do a good pre delivery inspection, if you did one at all. You should be angry at yourself for that and not the Americans that built it that you seem to have such disdain for. I hope you can get back to enjoying the trailer though. Good luck.



    Mike & Anna McKenzie
    Heidi the water dog.
    2017 F350
    2017 Big Country 4011 ERD

    You do not need everything to enjoy life. You already have life, enjoy everything.


    2015: CO Camp-out, CO Fall Rally
    2016: West TX Rally, CO Spring Rally, CO Fall Rally, Las Vegas National Rally
    2017: KY Rally, CO Fall Rally
    2018: LA Rally, N Central Regional Rally, IA Rally
    2019: W TX Rally



  7. Print this Post   #7

    Re: Disappointed since we bought it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shortest Straw View Post
    Asking your trailer to be vacuumed for you after purchase and as a warranty item is ridiculously unreasonable. Sounds to me like you did not do a good pre delivery inspection, if you did one at all. You should be angry at yourself for that and not the Americans that built it that you seem to have such disdain for. I hope you can get back to enjoying the trailer though. Good luck.
    With customers like you (regarding your reply) I do honestly wonder. North America customers must be very happy to get bad products and are still happy with it! Excuses like, "what did you expect", "you did not check good enough", "do it yourself " "the guys are under pressure AND can't clean" show clearly that manufacturers still can build crap and American customers don't care! If a company can't deliver a proper product, they should close the business! How low is "American Pride"? Seriously! How low? How low is the awareness that small particle can harm lungs if breathing them in? People buy RV's to sleep in them. Heating system? Forced air! Sure. Everyone of you guys pay thousands of dollars to receive broken frames, loose walls, broken utility doors, aluminum shavings and defend it with very poor excuses! America first? What a joke! Ohh wait! You guys have to save the world too. Now I get it. BTW. If I could I would have bought a German trailer. 2 1/2 lighter than my trailer Much bigger and comfortable. No idea why American manufacturers still built trailers like it was 1920!
    Again. How low is "American Pride ? The sticker "Built with American Pride" is a warning sign for poor quality products!

    And if you could read. We did ask the dealer to clean & vacuum the trailer out. Nothing was done properly. I got 17 grams of aluminum shavings from underneath the sink yesterday Yes I know You guys don't care about your health!

  8. Print this Post   #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    USA - OK
    Posts
    181

    Re: Disappointed since we bought it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstone View Post
    With customers like you (regarding your reply) I do honestly wonder. North America customers must be very happy to get bad products and are still happy with it! Excuses like, "what did you expect", "you did not check good enough", "do it yourself " "the guys are under pressure AND can't clean" show clearly that manufacturers still can build crap and American customers don't care! If a company can't deliver a proper product, they should close the business! How low is "American Pride"? Seriously! How low? How low is the awareness that small particle can harm lungs if breathing them in? People buy RV's to sleep in them. Heating system? Forced air! Sure. Everyone of you guys pay thousands of dollars to receive broken frames, loose walls, broken utility doors, aluminum shavings and defend it with very poor excuses! America first? What a joke! Ohh wait! You guys have to save the world too. Now I get it. BTW. If I could I would have bought a German trailer. 2 1/2 lighter than my trailer Much bigger and comfortable. No idea why American manufacturers still built trailers like it was 1920!
    Again. How low is "American Pride ? The sticker "Built with American Pride" is a warning sign for poor quality products!

    And if you could read. We did ask the dealer to clean & vacuum the trailer out. Nothing was done properly. I got 17 grams of aluminum shavings from underneath the sink yesterday Yes I know You guys don't care about your health!
    Sorry but I have to agree with Silverstone point of view. It seems people have accepted less and less when it comes to producing quality goods. Having been on different product forums it amazes me to read and see how people will justify either poor quality or service. I plunked down hard earned money on a product that my expectation was I was receiving a high quality product. This means at delivery NOT being taken care of AFTER I make the purchase.

    I read that Heartland was spending upwards of $6 million to build a quality service inspection prior to sending thier units out. Rather then spend money on that why not just do it correct during the manufacture process. Training and proper design would go a long way in ensuring that their products represent what the company sells. Just read what Edward Deming to move Japan into a world power house.
    Owners Club #4201
    2018 Oshkosh
    2015 Ram 3500, DRW, Aisin

  9. Print this Post   #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    USA - SC
    Posts
    13

    Re: Disappointed since we bought it!

    So, after seeing so many replys and threads about poor quality and the advice to potential buyers to buy "gently" used units due to problems having been taken care of, one wonders how the buying public would react if their new car/truck was built this way. Would we just shut up and take it for the dealer and/or ourselves to fix a manufacturers defects or shoddy work? Just venting/discussing here. I did buy a "gently" used M21 Edge and it's been a great unit. By the same token, if the new Yukon I bought 6 weeks ago had some trim falling off as an example and I had to fix it myself since the selling dealer couldn't get it in their shop for 3 to 4 weeks or if I was out of town and a dealer said he wouldn't work on it because I didn't buy from him, I'd be livid as would most of y'all.

    - - - Updated - - -

  10. Print this Post   #10
    Caught In A Mosh
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA - CO
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: Disappointed since we bought it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim828 View Post
    So, after seeing so many replys and threads about poor quality and the advice to potential buyers to buy "gently" used units due to problems having been taken care of, one wonders how the buying public would react if their new car/truck was built this way. Would we just shut up and take it for the dealer and/or ourselves to fix a manufacturers defects or shoddy work? Just venting/discussing here. I did buy a "gently" used M21 Edge and it's been a great unit. By the same token, if the new Yukon I bought 6 weeks ago had some trim falling off as an example and I had to fix it myself since the selling dealer couldn't get it in their shop for 3 to 4 weeks or if I was out of town and a dealer said he wouldn't work on it because I didn't buy from him, I'd be livid as would most of y'all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I can see your point for sure. I am not defending Heartland at all here. We have issues with our BC. But seriously, this guy is ****** because he has to vacuum if you read his posts. Vacuum. I can vacuum, watch NASCAR, and drink a beer at the same time for petes sake.



    Mike & Anna McKenzie
    Heidi the water dog.
    2017 F350
    2017 Big Country 4011 ERD

    You do not need everything to enjoy life. You already have life, enjoy everything.


    2015: CO Camp-out, CO Fall Rally
    2016: West TX Rally, CO Spring Rally, CO Fall Rally, Las Vegas National Rally
    2017: KY Rally, CO Fall Rally
    2018: LA Rally, N Central Regional Rally, IA Rally
    2019: W TX Rally



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disappointed
    By cbar405 in forum ElkRidge - General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-11-2016, 10:43 PM
  2. Disappointed with my 405 RW
    By RandyS in forum Road Warrior - General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-16-2014, 02:21 AM
  3. Very Disappointed
    By txdds in forum Big Country - General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 06:45 PM
  4. Just A Bit Disappointed!
    By Gzopete in forum Heartland General Forum
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 08:56 PM
  5. Disappointed
    By e63a6 in forum Heartland General Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 07:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •