2019 North Trail 25lrss awning not closing right

Ricktara

New trailer, two weeks old. I noticed that when closing the awning the front arm does not go tight to the trailer before the rear side stops tightly. It is the Lippert Solera awning and the motor is on the rear arm. I read a bunch of posts and am sure that it is straight and the fabric doesn't walk one way or the other when closing. It just seems like it's longer at the front than the back. Anybody have a cure?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
New trailer, two weeks old. I noticed that when closing the awning the front arm does not go tight to the trailer before the rear side stops tightly. It is the Lippert Solera awning and the motor is on the rear arm. I read a bunch of posts and am sure that it is straight and the fabric doesn't walk one way or the other when closing. It just seems like it's longer at the front than the back. Anybody have a cure?

The motor is assisted by a spring wound inside the roller tube. It may need adjustment. Unless it's really flapping when you're hauling the trailer, you might wait to take it back to your dealer for a warranty fix until you've enjoyed it for the summer.

Ricktara

The motor is assisted by a spring wound inside the roller tube. It may need adjustment. Unless it's really flapping when you're hauling the trailer, you might wait to take it back to your dealer for a warranty fix until you've enjoyed it for the summer.
Thanks John. After some measuring and more reading, I gave the fabric a yank and it is way better. At least I feel it won't flap on the road.