ATF: Bighorn - what size is landing gear?

Can anyone tell what size the landing gear jacks are on a 2009 Bighorn 3055?
I called customer service but they said that they didn't have info back that far.
I think they are probably Lippert jacks.

jnbhobe

Re: ATF: Bighorn - Bighorn 3055 landing gear?

Can anyone tell what size the landing gear jacks are on a 2009 Bighorn 3055?
I called customer service but they said that they didn't have info back that far.
I think they are probably Lippert jacks.
What do you mean by size?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think that the landing gear is sized by pounds of lift. We think that ours is a Venture and probably 5000 or 6000lbs. but Heartland couldn't tell us. We have replaced the gears in it a couple of times and we think that we need heavier landing jacks but would like to know what size ours are so we can upgrade. Thanks

jnbhobe

It's best to go to dual motors, I have the landing gear off my 09, 3370 BH It is the same as yours.

Gary521

They are Venture. The issues in not the size of the landing gear it is the lack of lubrication to the inners of the jacks. There is a jack screw that turns to raise and lower the jacks. There is a large nut that the jack screw turns on that needs lubrication. The only way to do this is to drill a couple holes in the outer leg and get grease in there. In the mean time. I would add a second motor as had been suggested. This will improve things a whole lot. If you add a second motor. you will also need to add a second switch. This is all not that difficult.
The lack of lubrication makes the motors turn harder that is why the system is struggling.

Thanks everyone for the info. We had lubricated the landing gears but still had trouble. We ordered the 10,000 lb. two motor Bulldog jacks and they arrived yesterday. Haven't installed them yet but hope that this works well.