Hydraulic front jacks 0n Bighorn

Dufferboy

Trailer not level side to side on 2013 3010. Drivers side jack has 1-1/4" less extension than curb side sitting on level ground. Frame is 1 inch lower to ground on drivers side even when parked on cement in my driveway. Wondering if one of solenoid valves is causing it or how to check them.

danemayer

Hi Dufferboy,

The answer depends on whether you have manual leveling or the auto-leveling system.

With manual leveling, side-to-side leveling is done at the wheels, by putting boards or other devices on one side or the other to get the trailer level. The front landing gear are used to level front-to-rear. The hydraulic fluid flows between the two jacks and they will adjust to different heights, but will not apply any side-to-side leveling force.

With auto levelup, if you use the AUTO function and it consistently ends up off-level, you need to follow the zero-calibration procedure.
ZERO SETTING THE CONTROL

1. Turn “ON/OFF” button “OFF”
2. Push “FRONT” button 10 times,
3. Push “REAR” button 10 times
4. Control will flash and beep, LCD says “ZERO POINT CALIBRATE”
5. To memorize this level condition , press “ENTER”
6. LCD says “ZERO POINT STABILITY SUCCESSFULLY SET”
7. The control will then turn off.
8. Turn “ON/OFF” on to commence operation.

Dufferboy

I guess I need to clarify trailer is level sitting on my cement pad as in previous post. Do not have level up. Drivers side jack is still 1-1/4" lower than door side. Frame is 1" lower on drivers side. I don't think jacks are equalizing pressure on both jacks. You can tell by looking at front of trailer verified by level. This is our third fifth over last fifteen years.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
At times, driveways have a bit of slope for water runoff. Yours may.
How are you verifying level of the drive and RV? 4 foot level?

Peace
Dave

danemayer

I guess I need to clarify trailer is level sitting on my cement pad as in previous post. Do not have level up. Drivers side jack is still 1-1/4" lower than door side. Frame is 1" lower on drivers side. I don't think jacks are equalizing pressure on both jacks. You can tell by looking at front of trailer verified by level. This is our third fifth over last fifteen years.
One leg goes down until it meets resistance, then the other. When both are on the ground, the front end lifts, distributing hydraulic fluid between the two. In theory, on a perfectly level surface, both legs would extend the same amount. But few driveways are level. Most are sloped a bit for water runoff.

Dufferboy

As in previous post I said cement pad and checked with four foot level and no slope to speak of. Both jacks are supposed to have equal resistance when fully deployed. I suspect one of solenoid valves is leaking back into reservoir.

danemayer

As in previous post I said cement pad and checked with four foot level and no slope to speak of. Both jacks are supposed to have equal resistance when fully deployed. I suspect one of solenoid valves is leaking back into reservoir.
If you were correct, the front end would get lower as fluid leaked back into the reservoir.

Go-Fly

Trailer not level side to side on 2013 3010. Drivers side jack has 1-1/4" less extension than curb side sitting on level ground. Frame is 1 inch lower to ground on drivers side even when parked on cement in my driveway. Wondering if one of solenoid valves is causing it or how to check them.

I had the same problem. Turned out when they replaced my jack, they made a loop in the hose that caused an air trap. They took the jack off and bleed it correctly. Problem solved.

Dufferboy

Bolt holes are same. We've had this trailer since new and noticed this last winter when in Florida for three months on same site. Now I notice it sitting here at the house. One jack must have less resistance.

LBR

Bolt holes are same. We've had this trailer since new and noticed this last winter when in Florida for three months on same site. Now I notice it sitting here at the house. One jack must have less resistance.
After 4 1/2 years, you should have hit the picture posting threshold with your current 6 posts, so can you post a few pics showing the driveway slope, extended leg differences, and anything else that could help ...it would probably help a lot.

Dufferboy

After 4 1/2 years, you should have hit the picture posting threshold with your current 6 posts, so can you post a few pics showing the driveway slope, extended leg differences, and anything else that could help ...it would probably help a lot.
What does 4 1/2 years have to do with original post? No driveway as I said before sitting on level cement pad at house. I asked about solenoid valves and which one, drivers leg has one and one on reservoir or pump. Front drivers side is 1 inch lower at frame and both sides are equal at axels. Level in trailer shows same thing.

mlpeloquin

What does 4 1/2 years have to do with original post? No driveway as I said before sitting on level cement pad at house. I asked about solenoid valves and which one, drivers leg has one and one on reservoir or pump. Front drivers side is 1 inch lower at frame and both sides are equal at axels. Level in trailer shows same thing.

To answer your question, you need to post at least six times before you can post pictures. It is not the 4 1/2 years, but the number of posts. Pictures help others to get a better perspective of the problem.

LBR

Not sure of timeframe here, but a lot of sites have both a minimum time one needs to be a member at PLUS a minimum number of posts...both before ability to post pictures.

I stated your 4.5 years, so your timeframe is covered.

I believe this site has a minimum of 5 posts before able to post pictures, which you just cleared with 6 at that time. Just thinking that you could now post pictures to help others..... help you.

In your original post you gave the impression of a driveway.....and cement. It mentioned nothing about a cement slab. I took it as it being your cement driveway.