Considering a 24BHS

Rmbate

So I’m considering at 24BHS but torn about the 26DBSS. Family of 4 weekend trips. Truck is a 2017 Ford F-150 3.5 ecoboost FX4 supercrew lariat 3.31 rear. My struggle is the 24BHS would be a good coach for the family and easy on the vehicle based on the weight calculations. Then the 26DBSS gives me a little more living area but 5’ longer and a 1000lbs more est. anyone have a truck similar and pulling a 32’ coach? If so how is it pull through mountains. Thanks.

danemayer

Hi Rmbate,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

There are 2 ways to approach the weight question. You've done the first, which is to ask for anecdotal reports from people with similar equipment. The other is to do the calculations to make sure you're towing safely. You should visit RVTOWCHECK.com to make sure.

Rmbate

Hi Rmbate,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

There are 2 ways to approach the weight question. You've done the first, which is to ask for anecdotal reports from people with similar equipment. The other is to do the calculations to make sure you're towing safely. You should visit RVTOWCHECK.com to make sure.

To answer your question I did do the RVTOWCHECK. That was actually the first thing I did. This is the results of the two. Both come up green and 15%.

RossRagan

My wife and I recently purchased the Mallard M245 which is the Mallard equivalent of the North Trail 24BHS. Since it was intended for the two of us to use to travel, it is fine; but we find that when we have visitors while camping, it is really quite crowded. We both wish we had gone with one of the slightly larger NT or Mallard units. I tow with a 2015 F-150 Supercrew Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost (with weight distribution hitch)and it manages the trailer just fine. I would think that if you tow dry all of the time, you would be fine with the 26 DBSS plus you would have a little more interior room for your family when you get stuck indoors because of the weather.

To date, I have no mountain towing experience to provide, though.