Noise in ceiling of Road Warrior 400 when water in shower is running

SSJ

This morning when my wife got in the shower, there was a noise in the ceiling (a clicking) when the water was running in the shower. To my knowledge there are not water lines in the ceiling. Anyone have any ideas?

danemayer

Hi SSJ,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Clicking noise while running the shower is a new one for me. Was this on city water or while running the water pump? Has it happened more than once?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
At times we hear clicking in the ceiling but it is only birds walking on the roof.
Could this be what is going on?

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Possibly there is a leak dripping from the faucet body behind the wall and the sound is being transmitted so it sounds like it’s above. If it only occurs when the water is running, I’d look there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCTalley

Not trying to be silly or whatever, but is your grey tank (nearly) full?

The reason I ask is that I recently was flushing my black tank and forgot to set a timer. As the tank filled, the stack running through the roof started making a clicking/popping sound as it was slowly being pushed up by the top of the full black tank.

(Since everyone will want to know - I managed to run out and open the drain valve before filling the trailer, roof or bathroom with smelly water.)