Mallard M33 A/C duct

I have a 2017 mallard m33 bunkhouse. I am not getting any air to the bunk from the single ac unit. I looked at the duct on the bathroom side and it appears they cut it by half due to the sky light in the bathroom. Curious if any one else has had this problem and what was the fix?

Cotty

I have a different trailer...M245...but at my PDI we noted that the AC didn't blow as hard in certain locations and most definitely at the end of the chain. The technician dug into the vents and found that the Styrofoam had fallen down in some locations and was totally blocking the vents in others.

The end of the chain just does not blow as hard. The vents before it would need to be restricted in order to address this.

I don't think I am helping much.

Cotty

I have a 2017 mallard m33 bunkhouse. I am not getting any air to the bunk from the single ac unit. I looked at the duct on the bathroom side and it appears they cut it by half due to the sky light in the bathroom. Curious if any one else has had this problem and what was the fix?

Did you ever feel any airflow in the bunkhouse??

Domi

I agree you should check the ducts first for blockages as that is easy to fix. In our NT the bedroom did not get much airflow. I taped off 2 of the vents in the back of the trailer (where there were 9 vents and 2 different ducts) and now we have much better flow in the bedroom. Make sure you tape off vents in the same duct as the ones going to the bunkhouse. If you just tape off random vents it may not help at all.

John

n3zmw

Re: Mallard M33 A/C duct - Ressurecting Old Thread

A few weeks ago I noticed the same problem in my 2019 M33. I got no air flow from the curb side ceiling vent in the bunkroom and very limited airflow from the street side ceiling vent. I removed the vent louvers and looked in with a mirror and saw the same thing as the OP. I took pictures and reported, just haven't made it in to get repaired yet. On the curb side the duct was damaged by the folks that installed the skylight in the bathroom. In the other side the tape had fallen and was blocking the duct. How many other folks have had this issue?

Attachments

• 20190623_195027.jpg
    20190623_195027.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190623_195622.jpg
    20190623_195622.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 33