Finally got our new 3560SS , what a ride

bigdob24

After a couple trips to a new to us dealer, we did pick out a 2018 3560SS and took delivery about two weeks ago.
This dealer in North Central IL started off giving us the impression that they were the best, but it did not take long to find out otherwise.
We did a very long walkthrough and of course found several things to be fixed and adjusted and the bathroom wall had been damaged buy the dealer running the slide into it or there was a problem from the factory, I’m leaning towards the dummies at the dealership.
They promised everything would be done except the wall as they needed parts.
Fast forward a week and only a couple of things were done , out right lied about fixing the exaust leak from the microwave / convection oven , and this is real good, 3 of the plastic ends we’re off the MCD shades in the bedroom, I checked the whole coach to see if anymore were missing and that was all.
So when I checked sure enough they had put them on the shades in the bedroom , but when I put the shades up before moving the RV I found that they just took them off the living room shades and I still have 3 missing.
We took the RV to southern IL for 5 days to check everything out and right off the toilet was leaking. I couldn’t fix it so got local service man to come out and repair it next morning, he wasn’t 5 min away and it started leaking from a different spot.
‘Now here is the bright side of this disaster, the repairman just started working for a Heartland dealer in Marion IL , Black Diamond RV , and it’s on,y 25 miles down the road, he says bring it down the next day and they will fix the toilet.
Ended up getting a new dometic 320 even trade Warrantee , but in the 7 hrs they had it they ran through just about all the things on my punch list that the other dealer could not get done in over a week.
Also have a Handel on what needs to be done for the wall/door repair and will be ordering parts .
When they come in I’ll pull down and they will complete everything I need done 100 %
Now that’s good service.
So a disastrous start with a bad dealership caused me to find a great dealership that I will continue to do business with in the future.
PM me and I can tell you where not to go in North Central IL
I was also in contact with a BC rep from Heartland that was very helpful and was going to help me find a dealer I could work with but than everything just fell in place , fate I guess.
BD

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats on the new rig, sorry for the bumpy start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Glad to hear/read that things are looking better. We as well ran into same problem w/ local as in 2 miles from my house after we bought coach and used it a few times. Different HL dealer ended up doing the repairs. Am still in awe of this thing.

bigdob24

Just talked with the dealer that will do the rest of the repair work, parts will be ordered and when they arrive a couple more days and it will be like new .
Been doing all the little things to make it ours
Just about there
BD

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Sorry about the tough start. We also had a rough beginning with a dealership but have since smoothed it out. We are in our third season with our 3560ss and i still love this rig. We continue to due improvements to make it more ours.

jbeletti

Sorry too for the bumpy start. Happy to hear you found a dealer that will take care of you. I sent you a PM. I want to share your story and selling dealer info with the BC GM.

bigdob24

Update
After a very bad experience with Phillips RV in Bourbonnais IL , I just pulled the RV down to Black Diamond RV in Marion IL.
Can’t say enough good things about Black Diamond, they are great.
I provided them with a couple pages of things that need to be addressed and they never flinched, just assured me it would all be done and done right.
As some of the work involves replacing the bathroom wall and a door and several pieces of trim it’s going to take week or so.
We will be glad to have it all over with so we can enjoy the new RV.
There is a trip to Oklahoma the end of next month, it will be 3/4 weeks out so we will really get the feel for the new RV.
Again, I would recommend avoiding Phillips RV in Bourbonnais at all cost, cost is the reason we went there and in the long run it cost me a bunch.
I hope someone from the factory reads this , Phillips sent me an itemized statement of things they told me they did and there are several things that had to be on the new list at Black Diamond RV. Because they were either not done at all , or not done right .
Heartlands going to get double billed , it’s a shame people operate like this.
Be careful and do your homework before buying , I didn’t.
BD

Rydrcoach

Sorry you had such a rocky start but glad all has worked out for you on your new rig. Amazing how dealers vary so in quality. We are currently scoping out the 3560SS. Still researching for the right dealer. Sounds like you found one in Black Diamond. Congrats!