Hydrolic slide issue

Thensley

I have a 2016 Big country 3560SS and the kitchen slide and living room slide are on the same switch and will not pull in with the switches and don't know if there is a way to get them back in manually or what has to be an easier way than what a friend and I had to do to get the slides back in. we believe that the solenoid has gone bad and needs replaced but not sure is there a easier way to do it?

ram22

Solenoid? I’m not sure where that might be. I’ve had that problem intermittently since new on a ‘15 22FBS. Heartland suggested common sense troubleshooting, loose wires, dead spot in motor, bad switch, bad (auto) c/b, etc. Since it can work normally after delay, I’m thinking I need to replace the 3 automatically resetting c/b’s near the battery box. No other c/b or fuse protection for slide, apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, look for loose wires especially the neutral wire at the battery.
When you bought your rig you should have received a flexible tool that connects to a drill that will turn the pump so you can manually move the slides.

Peace
Dave

ram22

When you bought your rig you should have received a flexible tool that connects to a drill that will turn the pump so you can manually move the slides.

Peace
Dave

This is mine for electric motor, not hydraulic pump, but maybe similar.
dc805d6aca0a920565e840c24b57339b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thensley

Peace
Dave

I never received that tool

NYSUPstater

Just recently, the 2 slides like OP's are starting to act up when pulling them in (along w/ the 6pt level up upon retracting). I did look for any loose connections at battery, CB's and hyd pump and all is good w/ them which leads me to the CB's for some reason going south already. Not a big deal to replace them, just frustrating.

Wmnmy

My 3965dss was doing the exact same thing from the time I bought it and low and behold I checked and rechecked the wires from the battery to the hydraulic motors and one negative wire on the top of the pump wasn’t even hand tight causing the landing gear so to stop when retracting and the slides to stop or not even retract at times . I tightened it and all has been great now . No more resetting the breaker either.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I just had a similar problem and found the breaker button on the breaker bar under the 5th wheel needed resetting. Doug

Thensley

The dealer just called and advised me that they need to take the underbelly off to find the issue they think it's a hydraulic problem just one more thing to go wrong what's next?

mlpeloquin

You have to look at it differently. We have had our expenses to fix and maintain out fifth wheel. Considering the cost of hotels and restaurants we would have done one tenth the traveling and not met such great people that own Heartlands at the rallies. So it can be a pain, but the benefit far out weighs the upkeep/maintenance and problems that occur along the way. We have put over 36 thousand miles on ours. We missed the rally in Kennewick, WA this year because a spring hanger split and fell off just before we got to our first RV park on the way. Big disappointment since we would have taken two months along the Washington and Oregon coat on out way back. But now we look forward to 8.8k mile three month trip across the US. New slider topper vinyl, awning vinyl, tires, and we are good to go. Yes I forgot I had to replace the black tank valve three weeks or so back. So sometimes you have to look at what you can do vs what you would not have done. And yes we had a hydraulic problem as well.