mallard m335 pendant lights

mooneyes

it would be nice if the pendant lights over the kitchen island were on a different switch from the really bright led over head lights is it possible to add a switch without tearing into the celing

DrMark920

it would be nice if the pendant lights over the kitchen island were on a different switch from the really bright led over head lights is it possible to add a switch without tearing into the celing

My wife agreed with you. So, I added a switch to the end pendant light over the island. The switch simply acts in series with the lights in the living room. So when the switch on the pendant light is off, only the island lights and the light closest to the counter are on. If the switch we added to the pendant light is on, all the living room lights are also on. The switch was about $3. Wiring it took about 20 minutes (including coffee break). This is essentially what Heartland did with the on/off switch located on the light over the table. This is of course only 12v lighting. If you are handy you can do it yourself.
I would have added a picture but it appears that you can't upload an image, only linking through URL.