Dry weight and GWVR of the RL250

Hello!

We bought a Pioneer RL250 RV and I was wondering why the Dry weight is so close to the GWVR. I mean fully loaded with food, drink, accessories such as the chairs, BBQ, the tanks loaded etc. there is only a 795lbs difference. My previous RV had a GWVR about twice as much as the dry weight.

From the specs I had, the dry weight of this RV is about 6175lbs and the GWVR is 6900lbs. With all the familly member, guest and dogs aboard and moving and etc. will it be problematic if the weight goes beyond that value when the RV is parked or its just a measurement for when we are on the road?

Regards!

Oldelevatorman

That isn't much CCC, you'll more than likely be overloaded. A little bit over won't hurt but if you've got more truck than you need, carry the heavy stuff in the truck. Go to a scale and weigh it. Take it easy on the road! You can put stuff back in the trailer when you get there, it won't be a problem when camping! Did you not notice the sticker when you were looking at the trailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

The GVWR shouldn't be exceeded while towing. Putting 600-700 lbs. of gear, water, propane on board will use up the available carrying capacity, but the people and pets will be in the tow vehicle, using up its load capacity.

Keep in mind that the as your 6900 lb. trailer bounces down the road, the forces applied to the trailer while towing over bridge joints and other bad road items are amplified at highway speed. A few people walking around inside the trailer while parked doesn't compare to road forces.

Hello!

We bought a Pioneer RL250 RV and I was wondering why the Dry weight is so close to the GWVR. I mean fully loaded with food, drink, accessories such as the chairs, BBQ, the tanks loaded etc. there is only a 795lbs difference. My previous RV had a GWVR about twice as much as the dry weight.

From the specs I had, the dry weight of this RV is about 6175lbs and the GWVR is 6900lbs. With all the familly member, guest and dogs aboard and moving and etc. will it be problematic if the weight goes beyond that value when the RV is parked or its just a measurement for when we are on the road?

Regards!

hello!
i just recently bought this trailer and asked the same question.
The GWVR is actually 7600 for this model (which is significantly higher). Heartland originally estimated the GWVR to be 6900 upon production. Heartland themselves will admit they are slow to react to changes in specs online or in their brochures - they do have a disclaimer that the info listed might change.

On your sticker, you will see the GWVR(7600) and cargo carrying capacity listed (ccc reads at 1,146 with fresh water tank full at 400lbs).

Heres a copy of my sticker.
Good luck with your trailer. We’ve had a few small issues, but Camping World has been fantastic!

96ed5ba0-abae-486e-aee0-14c914641a6b

d74a680d-c991-49e7-b2f2-294f701c4f99

jerryjay11

Our sticker states 1094 carrying capacity. Still with full water at 581 lbs. And I would suggest then that the weight limit is more for traveling rather than when you are parked with stabilizers down.

SCPOSWRET

Hello!

Regards!

We have the exact same rig. We carry a moderate amount of clothes and food in the rig and much of the same items you mention although some go in the truck rather than the rig. We travel with: zero water in the FW tank, probably close to zero in the black tank, and probably about 3-5 gal max in the grey tank.

Since this unit is 7600 GVWR (per our sticker and verified on the phone and via email with Heartland) and although we have not had a CAT weigh-in yet, our tow veh pulls the RL250 with no issues.