Generator Cyclone 4200 2016 model

Tree14

SOS. We are getting ready to go fulltime and our generator will not run. We tried sea foam, Stabil and still nothing. Any suggestions. We have never had to use it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

avvidclif

SOS. We are getting ready to go fulltime and our generator will not run. We tried sea foam, Stabil and still nothing. Any suggestions. We have never had to use it.

Did it ever run????

dave10a

What is a long time? If it has not run for a year +- a few months and the carb was not drained properly, the carborator is gumed up and needs to be replaced or removed and the ports and jets need to be thoughly cleaned up. Today's gasoline with 10% ethonal is death to carborators that are used infrequently. We make a lot of money at our marina cleaning carbs on boat engine where the owners did not properly winterize their engines with carbs. For some reason many owners do not read the mfgs manuals and ignore proper procedures
Your owners manual should provide guidelines for starting and troubleshooting. If you don't have one simply search the Inet and you should be able to down load the manual.

Tree14

Yes but only 2.5 hours. It acts like it runs out of gas

avvidclif

How long before it dies? If 5-10 minutes and by waiting a few minutes it will run again for a bit remove the fuel cap and see what happens. If the one way valve in the cap is stuck it can't let air in and the genny draws a vacuum on the tank and can't get fuel.

LBR

My experienced guess is old fuel. We were unable to run ours once a month for 5 months when it was tied up at the dealership service department (that's another story.) Anyway, when brought back home, generator would fire, but not stay running.

It took me 2 months of nurturing to nurse it back to health...but saved me from removing the carburetor. My choice was Seafoam. Get some cans of it and use religiously once the genny gets back on it's feet.

Search YouTube for "Seafoam" and there are 2 ways to proceed....you will probably want to mainline your carb with the high dosage trick first, before adding the Seafoam to your tank, thereby diluting it for long term nurturing.

Your tank should have all the old gas removed, and replaced with fresh before you even begin this project. I lifted our Cyclone up a bunch on the door side, then siphoned as much old gas out I could, then added 10 gallons of fresh.

Good luck...watch those YouTube vids and it will give you a postive outlook on this project....with a bit of work, you can conquer the "let's buy a new carb" syndrome.