Propane line replacement problem... we had a blow out on the right side 2011 Heartland .

We had a tire blow out and it of course, busted the side fender off and twisted the copper propane line and broke it. We bought new copper line and the end fitting where you have to flare it, hower fishing the line back in there is the problem. any one have any advise as to getting the new line run back thru from the underside up to the water heater box on to the outer wall. Will it twist as it goes? It is not a straight run. I looked for a utube link but no luck.
icon9.png

jimtoo

Hi Littlemoma,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our group will jump in soon with some suggestions for you.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

Gary521

My first trailer did the same thing. I may have had a different model but in any case, do not place a soft copper propane line back in the same place. As it could happen again. Figure out a route that will take it away from a blown tire and/or use black pipe to replace the soft copper.

hoefler

Make sure you are using refridgeration cooper, not the stuff that is readily availabel at your hardware store. The hardware stuff is too soft and is not for gas. Refridgeration copper is hard flexible copper, designed for high pressure and gas.