Floor heater vents

KyleC

Anybody come up with a good way to block these heater vents from collecting trash? Seems like a built-in vacuum cleaner to me

2017 Pathfinder SL "attempting to tow" Heartland Prowler "lynx" 25lx
4816 lbs dry wieght

Last edited by a moderator:

Kathi-27

Re: Ground heater vents

we changed are to adjustable vents so we can close them during the summer to help keep the dirt out. got them at lowes. also stops loosing cold are to basement.

KyleC

We have the prowler 25 lx. I wonder what genius decided that the middle of the walkway was a great place for Vents. Maybe try up against the wall.... Or in a corner.... But in the middle of the stinking busiest place in the camper?

4816 lbs dry wieght

danemayer

We have the prowler 25 lx. I wonder what genius decided that the middle of the walkway was a great place for Vents. Maybe try up against the wall.... Or in a corner.... But in the middle of the stinking busiest place in the camper?

4816 lbs dry wieght
Our living room has 2 heat vents in the center of the floor. The center position provides for even heating on both sides of the trailer. In 8 years, we've never had a problem walking around the living room.

KyleC

Well this will be our first weekend camping so I reckon I'll get used to it!

4816 lbs dry wieght

Bob.jr

Lowe's sells magnetic covers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

KyleC

Almost ordered some on amazon, luckily I realized my vents are plastic... going ng to look into changing them to adjustable damper. Thanks I am glad I found this forum

4816 lbs dry wieght

KyleC

Awesome

4816 lbs dry wieght

Lynn1130

Plastic vents in the middle of the floor get stepped on and broken. They may distribute heat better but that is a poor placement for longevity of the vent. I replace all of mine with adjustable metal from Home Depot. In fairness all of mine except one were out of the line of traffic and that one was broken within a year.

KyleC

All three of mine are all in the walkway.....

4816 lbs dry wieght

david-steph2018

Just needed to replace one of the vents. We looked at Lowes and the vents available there were too large
to fit in the opening. So we went to Camping World to get some. Well due to the cost ($16.00) just replaced the broken vent, not all 4 like we wanted to do in the first place.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I bought two 4 x 10 metal louvred vent covers at Camping World for about $3 or $4 less than the same ones at Home Depot or Lowe's.

Get the other two (2 x 10 I think) at Lowe's, as that size at Camping World were plastic only, which melted after five minutes as the bathroom and bedroom vents are directly over the furnace in my Prowler.

MeltedVentCover2016.jpg

KyleC

Just found these on Amazon. Cheap And steel. Got great reviews from rv'ers. Doesn't have the screw holes, but I have a drill! Most said they just dropped in and we're fine
2eb7cd662a9983f8ab2af2ce4a15dbab.jpg

2017 Pathfinder SL towing Heartland Prowler "lynx" 25lx
4816 lbs dry wieght

KyleC

Didnt realize my picture cut it off but it's prime so it "Free" ish shipping.. if I forget about the prime membership I pay each month....

4816 lbs dry wieght

WillyBill

@KyleC,

My Brother lives in Baton Rouge
icon6.png

4816 lbs dry wieght[/QUOTE]