Caution decal

david-steph2018

We added the "Caution" decal after our return home from down south this past June. Yes we had issues with individuals coming up and cutting us off while trying to turn. Hoping that these individuals can read.
Our friends Mark and Linda Comer made the decal for us and installed it over the weekend. Mark and Linda makes decals at different rallies and own a Landmark. They have made different decals for individuals, and do a great job at this.

Attachments

• rear view 2.jpg
    rear view 2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 151
  • rear view.jpg
    rear view.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 127

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I probably would have made the letters darker or reflective red so that it stands out more.

Seems that a lot of people out there either can't read or don't care, anywayz...

david-steph2018

Tried different colors but the wife thought this color was best. She thought it matched better than the other colors Linda has available.

- - - Updated - - -

I probably would have made the letters darker or reflective red so that it stands out more.

Seems that a lot of people out there either can't read or don't care, anywayz...

I really wanted different wording but was told by several people (wife included) not to, I had to be nice.

Lou_and_Bette

Don’t have a good place to put it, but would like to have one that says “Reflex testing in progress - to participate- cut this RV off and see if OLD man can stop”

'Lil Guy'

I kind of agree with John on this. If you really feel the need to have the decal stuck on the back of your rig, you might as well make it as noticeable as possible. (as in a contrasting color). Most people would assume our rigs would have to make a wide turn. I don't feel the decal will deter the idiots we deal with on a daily basis while on the road. There are enough big rigs on the road that these people already deal with. They know how these rigs follow a truck and should allow enough room for you to make your turn. However, there are a few that think the road is theirs and I don't believe any number of decals will change their driving habits. Drive defensively and safe travels.

DMaxRocks

Driving to work the other day (wish I could have taken a picture), there was a decal on the left side of the tractor trailer that had an arrow pointing left and the decal said "Left Side". There was a similar arrow and decal on the right side, but the decal said "Suicide". I had to think about it for a minute, then caught the pun...I thought it was pretty funny and a bit of truth.

-Mark

GregP

Saw a similar sign years ago - Left side "PASSING SIDE" , Right side "SUICIDE". Always liked that. I think it was directed to cyclists and motorcycles that would pass on the right when turn indicators activated.