RESOLVED: Verizon MiFi is slow when streaming

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Re: verizon mifi users...

The Jetpack has 15 GB before throttle, and the phones each have 22. Will only throttle in congested areas (airports, etc.) if over the throttle point and others on system who are not. That's their story anyway.

For $10 more per month you could have gotten 20GB per month, and the throttle down after 20 GB is very minimal as opposed to the slow down with the plan you just got.

Go back and see about jumping to the new plan...

Plus, verify that the 22GB per phone is accurate.

I was told that also...but it turned out to really be 2GB per month for the phones + the 15GB for the Mifi unit and somehow that added up to 22GB's per month (must be new math calculations).

:confused:

wdk450

I had some problems with my WiFi 5510 dropping connections after a short time with my 2 laptops and my smartphone a couple of weeks ago. I went in to the local Verizon office, paid a $40 upgrade fee (plus sales tax on the $149 retail cost of the new WiFi) and got a WiFi 6620. I would guess that is the latest, greatest hotspot model from Verizon.

The store also said that they had to add on the MANDITORY $10 a month "insurance", but i could cancel that after the 1st month. Let's see, $10 a month "insurance" on an item they will replace for $40, which spends its life sitting on a countertop. I stopped the insurance with the next bill I got.

Oh, BTW, I am on the FMCA Verizon hotspot Beyond Unlimited deal for $49.99.