Landmark 365 - Glass Windows Available?

campcrew

I am sitting in my Bighorn with open glass windows and enjoying a lovely breeze. I would like to move to a Landmark, but it appears the only availability is the dark tinted dual pane windows. Not to mention the many reports of dual panes fogging. This is a show stopper for me. Is there any way to "downgrade" to glass windows?

Thanks!

Oldelevatorman

I am sitting in my Bighorn with open glass windows and enjoying a lovely breeze. I would like to move to a Landmark, but it appears the only availability is the dark tinted dual pane windows. Not to mention the many reports of dual panes fogging. This is a show stopper for me. Is there any way to "downgrade" to glass windows?

Thanks!

Can't imagine that would be an option or why you'd want it because they 'might' fail! To each their own I guess. When I had a DP, I had some fail but that was after 10 years. Lots of things could fail. The windows would be the least of my worries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Thanks!

They are dark from the outside but are nice and bright from the inside. Consider stepping inside one to see for yourself - you may find the exterior tinting will be fine for looking out.

I've had 7 RVs with dual pane windows and not a single fog issue. That said, it can happen. I see/hear about it mostly in very hot, very sunny climates on the side of the coach that gets the most sun. Also, blocking windows on the inside with reflective materials "may" contribute to fogging by super-heating the air between the panes.

campcrew

They are dark from the outside but are nice and bright from the inside. Consider stepping inside one to see for yourself - you may find the exterior tinting will be fine for looking out.

I've had 7 RVs with dual pane windows and not a single fog issue. That said, it can happen. I see/hear about it mostly in very hot, very sunny climates on the side of the coach that gets the most sun. Also, blocking windows on the inside with reflective materials "may" contribute to fogging by super-heating the air between the panes.

Thanks! My biggest concern is the reported lack of ventilation - We mostly travel in areas where we can have the windows open rather than run the AC - guess I haven't really left my tent camping days behind.

jbeletti

Thanks! My biggest concern is the reported lack of ventilation - We mostly travel in areas where we can have the windows open rather than run the AC - guess I haven't really left my tent camping days behind.

Right. Plenty of windows and most of them open. The frameless style open up awning style. You can still ventilate with them and keep light rain out.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Window awnings will cut down the sun load.