Progressive Insurance in Utah

cjb2283

Hello, it is coming that time to renew the insurance...again. I am currently insured through USAA for my vehicles and a local company for home owners, Bear River Mutual. Progressive is used for the TT because USAA farms it out to them as a third party. Well, this is the second year in a row that Progressive has raised the annual premium. Last year went up $160 and this year it is going up over $200, bringing my premium over $500. This seems absolutely absurd. A friend that also lives in Utah just renewed his policy though Progressive and has the same situation. He said that Progressive said the rates went up due to all of the claims that they have been having. Correct me if I am wrong, but should the rate for the person that made the claim go up? No the masses that have a clean record.
Long story short, I will probably do some shopping around. I would like all of my insurance under one roof. Are there any recommendations out there for companies that will support this? Thank you for any input.

TedS

My Progressive rate, farmed out by USAA, went up 30% this recent renewal. They gave me the same excess loss reason.
About $150 increase.

WillyBill

We use Allstate for everything. Our Cyclone is $240/yr. Did not go up even with three claims in first two years. Great service. I also have their RV Motor Club but have never needed it for the RV but it did work nicely for the kids cars 2 x.

I do think you have to shop around at least every other year or so. Oh!, and we are also in Utah(Clinton)

WB

CDN

B and B
Different up here in Canada. My Fifth Wheel is on my house policy. $350 a year rider on the policy, It is stored on Condo property in the same development where I live so this effects off season rates being stored in a lot somewhere. Surprisingly my 2016 F 350 is only $700 per year but the 2013 Car is $1100 a year, I am told based upon repair costs.

ATLJOHN

You should check Liberty Mutual. We pay $55 yearly for our 2011 Bighorn. It is included in my auto insurance. We had $5000 claim on our RV 2 years ago and great service no issues with the dealer fixing the RV. My rate went up $5 for the RV coverage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm having issues with my insurance agent (in Denver) since I moved to Arizona...

I am trying to get my insurance all squared away and she doesn't seem to have a clue what to do.

Just found out the other day that my insurance company cancelled my policy on my truck since I switched the Prowler away from them to Progressive.

Right now I don't have insurance on my truck because of this, and my agent hasn't fixed the problem.

I've tried to combine my truck to the RV policy through Progressive, but they keep telling me to go through my agent, which is what I don't want to do now.

I am now shopping locally and will dump my Denver agent on Monday...

And, since my policy is no longer in force, any quote I've been getting is higher since I don't have insurance on it!

My truck has just been sitting in the driveway while I figure this mess out.

Good thing we have another vehicle to drive (insurance through a different company and agent) while I sort this out.

Oldelevatorman

Hello, it is coming that time to renew the insurance...again. I am currently insured through USAA for my vehicles and a local company for home owners, Bear River Mutual. Progressive is used for the TT because USAA farms it out to them as a third party. Well, this is the second year in a row that Progressive has raised the annual premium. Last year went up $160 and this year it is going up over $200, bringing my premium over $500. This seems absolutely absurd. A friend that also lives in Utah just renewed his policy though Progressive and has the same situation. He said that Progressive said the rates went up due to all of the claims that they have been having. Correct me if I am wrong, but should the rate for the person that made the claim go up? No the masses that have a clean record.
Long story short, I will probably do some shopping around. I would like all of my insurance under one roof. Are there any recommendations out there for companies that will support this? Thank you for any input.

I guess they want to spread their losses out over all their customers. I'm not surprised everyone's don't go up due to all the fire claims coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksucats

I know that when we had several tornadoes here in Kansas a couple of years ago, everything went up - cars, homes and RVs. Insured with Farmers for Auto and Home, National Interstate, at that time, for the RV and tow vehicle. Response from both agencies was more or less the same - large claims in this state so all policy holders were raised. :mad: Did not make my any happier, that is for sure.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Got my insurance woes fixed yesterday...

Dumped my Denver agent and found a local office here in Yuma, AZ and got everything switched over.

And...less money! :D