Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone have any experience/suggestion on a good Generator?

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: Does anyone have any experience/suggestion on a good Generator?

I second recommendation of the pair of Honda eu2000I (at least one being the Companion version so you can easily parallel them for 4000W). I purchased a Honda eu3000i but wouldn't recommend it mainly because it is close to 150# when gassed up (they do make a lighter version of the eu3000i now but it costs a bit more than the standard version). I put wheels on mine and use a pair of ramps to load and unload it from my pickup bed. You can get the pair of eu2000i's for the same cost as the eu3000i. Take a look at Craigslist also, sometimes you can get a good deal there on generators.

I'm not familiar with the Predator line from Harbor Freight but I do know there are some knockoffs available that are manufactured in China. Don't know if the Harbor Freight is one of those or not. I tend to be a little skeptical of the quality/durability of some copied products being manufactured in China so I'd suggest you do some research before heading that direction.

2. Print this Post   #12

being experienced in this with multiple trailers and generators - I would recommend the Yamaha 3000sieb , has wheels - and handles, easier to maneuver/lift than the 3000is, will run 8-10 hrs on tank with 15k a/c on high as well as a converter/charger and a few other items, longer with just a/c on auto- also you can look at a 3000i handi Honda- lighter- 1 person lift, runs 15k and res fridge, converter as well as sat dish and tvs and computer in my bighorn, have had the 3000is, still have the Yamaha in my race car trailer, had a eu7000is with my previous travl trailer , ater having 2of th 3000 handi its were more hassels with fueling all the time - kept one of the 3000 handi an take wit me I bighorn as spare in case issue with onan, and use to power when its cool and don't need both a/ units- the 2ks Honda have too small tank and by the time you get external tank setup and 2 units- I think you would be happier with the 3k Yamaha- and the b boost model uses th onboard bttery to help boost output for a short period - the champions are also a option with dual fuel units and 3400 watts , but running a landmark and 1 a/ they really drink gas and are not as quiet as Hondas or yamahas - real world testing running-

ask your friends you will be camping with - had my bighorn a little over a year and 412hrs on new 7k onan -- I use mine as many racetracks do not have hookups
    2017 bighorn 3760

3. Print this Post   #13

Now that is one comprehensive summary...Thanks for sharing the great info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2