new owner

rcwalls

just purchased 2019 cyclone 4005 and have ran across horrible reviews of 2018 and now the wife is freaking out. Anyone have any words of comfort?

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
just purchased 2019 cyclone 4005 and have ran across horrible reviews of 2018 and now the wife is freaking out. Anyone have any words of comfort?

As with any product usually the people that do the reviews tend to be the ones complaining about something. Just make sure you have a good relationship with your dealer and utilize your warranty if you need to. It’s a nice rig, where in TX are you?

8404fmfvet

I would say realize people are more likely to leave negative feed back then positive feedback. Also keep your expectations realistic. I too just bought a heartland torque 371. It should be arriving any day now. As long as nothing major is wrong with it I'll be happy. I'm fairly handy so if I have to fix small stuff I'm ok with it. Think about all that stress the frame takes when driving it down the road. And make sure you do a thorough PDI.

rcwalls

Home base in Rockport Texas. First time RV'er. Finally getting normal from Harvey and wanted to start traveling. Lots to learn so here we go. Pick up the new unit next Friday.

Sowie

Print out one of the inspection reports you can find in the forum and take it with you. Spend all the time you can turning every switch and knob before you take possession of it. Also read all the modification forums and you will find out many of the quirks about your rig (which is why people modify them). Good luck and congrats on your new rig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PondSkum

Lots of RV's will have issues. The key is to make sure you are prepared to deal with them. If you go into it thinking it's all rainbows and butterflies, then you'll be in for a rude awakening when something messes up. Just make sure you go over the whole rig with a fine tooth comb before you take delivery. Work everything multiple times to make sure it's not going to break.

Congrats on the purchase! Hope you enjoy it!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It’s my opinion that if someone is going to get into RV’ing that they at least have minimal mechanical, electrical, and basic repair knowledge and skills. Most of the time, having those will preclude a lot of visits to a dealership and the lamentations that go with it.

If nothing else, it may allow you to continue enjoying your RV until it’s convenient for you to take it in.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
It’s my opinion that if someone is going to get into RV’ing that they at least have minimal mechanical, electrical, and basic repair knowledge and skills. Most of the time, having those will preclude a lot of visits to a dealership and the lamentations that go with it.

If nothing else, it may allow you to continue enjoying your RV until it’s convenient for you to take it in.

If not, then consider utilizing a mobile tech available through many dealers or as an independent. They will get you over the hurdles beyond your abilities and certainly reduce if not eliminate down time compared to the rig sitting on a dealer’s repair lot.
Such calls have done just that for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yup, I used mobile service, too, when it was more than I could handle alone. Like replacing a damaged main awning.

2PawsRiver

We are in the process of picking up our first RV, a Cyclone 4270. When we started we had no commitment to any brand and have looked at Grand Design, Jayco, Cyclone, Fuzion, and several others. We went with the Cyclone because we felt it was the best made and my wife wouldn't go with the Grand Design 399TH, but we are both happy with the purchase.

If we made our decision based on reviews we would not have bought anything. A piece of advice I got was look at the reviews the service center had, since everybody is going to spend some time there and quite frankly if you really look at service reviews, they are horrible.

But you if you look at reviews of a particular model and you see 30 horrible reviews just remember, they sold hundreds and you also have no ideal about how people checked their unit, if they did maintenance, took care of it.....etc.

I am confident the Cyclone is well made, that I will check it thoroughly and will routinely inspect it and perform maintenance......I am confident it will provide of many years of service.....you do the same and I am sure yours will as well.

rcwalls

Thank you so much for the feedback. I think myself along with the service center have the wife calmed down. Pick up the new unit in the morning. Of course, following the detailed pre- delivery inspection. Thanks to all

2PawsRiver

Thank you so much for the feedback. I think myself along with the service center have the wife calmed down. Pick up the new unit in the morning. Of course, following the detailed pre- delivery inspection. Thanks to all

As soon as you have the corrections made and you take delivery, camp in it for a few days, even if in your driveway. Use as many options as you can. Shore power, generator, water supply as well as having a hose hooked up. Fridge, ac, heat, get fluids in Both the grey and black tanks, then go dump them. Find and fix any problems before you rely on it for a vacation.

One of the latest things I've read is to open the rig up and run the heat for a few hours to burn off oils and such so you won't have to endure a bunch of fumes first time you use it. Hope you have a great time and all goes well.

rcwalls

As soon as you have the corrections made and you take delivery, camp in it for a few days, even if in your driveway. Use as many options as you can. Shore power, generator, water supply as well as having a hose hooked up. Fridge, ac, heat, get fluids in Both the grey and black tanks, then go dump them. Find and fix any problems before you rely on it for a vacation.

One of the latest things I've read is to open the rig up and run the heat for a few hours to burn off oils and such so you won't have to endure a bunch of fumes first time you use it. Hope you have a great time and all goes well.

Thank you. Sounds like a great game plan and will certainly do over this weekend.

rcwalls

How goes the camping trip
Thank you for asking. Picked up the new unit on Friday. Hauled it 200 miles to our home so the wife could load it up and I can set it up a few times before we venture out to the camp grounds. My first time pulling a 5th wheel and all seemed to go very well on the trip. We arrived home excited, I pulled in to the front gate, lost focus and hung the back door on the gate post and the awning on a tree limb. Well, I am sure most of you know the wife’s reaction and I have spent the past few days doing cosmetic work. I am sure this will not be the last time, but was hoping the first time would have been a lot later in our experiences. Overall length is 43 feet and yes, it is a long ways behind me. On a good note, the wife is talking to me again. Good times!

rcwalls

OMG! Back door meaning ramp door or entry door? So sorry to hear that this has happened.
Entry door. The steps to the door are bent and have to adjust a little to get them to come down. Spent time in it today with everything on, slide outs, etc. everything seems to be fine just the back steps and some cosmetic damage. Wife is talking to me again, so getting back on track. The only thing left to send through the paces will be the water and plumbing systems which should be no damage there just want to check out since it is new and make sure I know how everything works. Still learning.

8404fmfvet

Entry door. The steps to the door are bent and have to adjust a little to get them to come down. Spent time in it today with everything on, slide outs, etc. everything seems to be fine just the back steps and some cosmetic damage. Wife is talking to me again, so getting back on track. The only thing left to send through the paces will be the water and plumbing systems which should be no damage there just want to check out since it is new and make sure I know how everything works. Still learning.

You might want to use a water regulater if you have high water pressure to ensure you prevent water issues when you fill up or using city water.