Cd dvd wont play

Driverh4

My all in one cd dvd player wont play. Has been working fine then i put in disk and it says loading but after about 10 seconds says no disk and radio comes on is there some kind of fix

Domi

Welcome to the Forums.

Have you tried a second disk since that one failed? Maybe you have a bad disk? If that does not work, I would suggeest removing power from it and seeing if it resets. You might have to pull a fuse to do that since I think it is DC.

Let us know if you need any further help.

John

wdk450

They make special cleaner disks that have a small brush on the disk surface to clean the laser lens on the DVD player. Here is a link to the ones on Walmart.com just so you have an idea what it is: https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/dvd-cleaners

You might try playing a good music CD first and see what happens. Music CD's have a lot less encoding than video CD's.

Driverh4

Welcome to the Forums.

Have you tried a second disk since that one failed? Maybe you have a bad disk? If that does not work, I would suggeest removing power from it and seeing if it resets. You might have to pull a fuse to do that since I think it is DC.

Let us know if you need any further help.

John
I tried pulling the fuse but put disc in and afer about 10 seconds still says no disc and radio comes on

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've never once used the CD/DVD part of the stereo in both new RV's I've purchased in the last five years.

Rather than replacing the radio, go buy a decent BluRay player ($50-$100) at Walmart or somewhere...

Much less expensive than buying a new stereo unit...a lot easier to install (believe me :eek: )...and will work much better!

You can still use the current radio for audio and radio functions.