Valve under kitchen sink

SCPOSWRET

Pls see pic. The valve under the kitchen sink seems to be in the off position.
I cannot find during anywhere in my research what the purpose of this valve is
and I'm hesitent to open it up without knowing what may happen. Any /All
tips greatly appreciated. 2018 Pioneer RL250 last eight of VIN: JE376954.
Thanks again.

Attachments

• 0133787ba56ef622d9d540a8f4fa354d2dd98fca0f.jpg
    0133787ba56ef622d9d540a8f4fa354d2dd98fca0f.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 017b8c9d91362939a6db9306cc8cd50e4b858bf245.jpg
    017b8c9d91362939a6db9306cc8cd50e4b858bf245.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 103

Alan_B

Pls see pic. The valve under the kitchen sink seems to be in the off position.
I cannot find during anywhere in my research what the purpose of this valve is
and I'm hesitent to open it up without knowing what may happen. Any /All
tips greatly appreciated. 2018 Pioneer RL250 last eight of VIN: JE376954.
Thanks again.

We have a similar valve under the sink in our Bighorn. It controls the flow of fresh water to the residential refrigerator.

SNOKING

Where does the white flexible hose on the right go to? Is the connection between that valve and the one to the left of it have a T fitting? If so, where does the third unseen leg of the T go. If it goes to the input of the water pump and the white hose is hanging loose, Then switching the position of the two valve and putting the hose in a jug of pink stuff is for winterizing the water system. Chris

jerryjay11

RL250 does not have icemaker to my knowledge, at least it isn't what the specs say, and I don't have one in my fridge. But, sure looks like suction tube to fill the water system with antifreeze for winterization.

Also looking at your fresh water fill hose I see it is looped higher then the fill cap outside of the camper. No wonder why you were having trouble with backflow. If not so done, use a cut off water hose that will fit in the fresh fill to a point past this high point of the fresh water fill hose. I use a clean cut off washing machine fill hose for this and bevel the cut for easier insertion.

P.S. If you open that valve your pump will not pump water from the tank. Instead it will suck air into the white tube going to the right. Juse pull on that tube and you should find it is an open line.

ksucats

Don't know that coach but if that is under the kitchen sink it could be for a dish washer. On my coach I have a line that has such a handle and goes nowhere and it is for a dishwasher. There is also a separate handle and small plastic water line that runs to my refer and ice maker.

SCPOSWRET

RL250 does not have icemaker to my knowledge, at least it isn't what the specs say, and I don't have one in my fridge. But, sure looks like suction tube to fill the water system with antifreeze for winterization.

Also looking at your fresh water fill hose I see it is looped higher then the fill cap outside of the camper. No wonder why you were having trouble with backflow. If not so done, use a cut off water hose that will fit in the fresh fill to a point past this high point of the fresh water fill hose. I use a clean cut off washing machine fill hose for this and bevel the cut for easier insertion.

P.S. If you open that valve your pump will not pump water from the tank. Instead it will suck air into the white tube going to the right. Juse pull on that tube and you should find it is an open line.

Much thanks Jerry (and all). Last time out I tried the cut off pc of washing machine hose and it worked just fine. Appreciate the tip(s).