North Trail 22RBK

The U-dinette looks very nice, however it is not comfortable. I have though about putting two small European wall hugging, swivel recliners in the 7' slide, and a small table. I have not seen any photos that would be exactly what I am envisioning, but before I hire the dinette torn out, I need to have a better visual on how it will look. Has anyone removed the U-dinette and replaced it with two small chairs and a small table? I do not want to eliminate the table due to computer and dining space. There is no couch in this TT and no other place to sit besides the bed.

I have been planning on having a carpenter put a drawer under one dinette, but with my new thought process that might be a moot point.

Does anyone have any other ideas for a table and more comfortable seating? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG952092-1.jpg
    IMG952092-1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 50

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
That is an awesome rig. We used to own one. I know someone has done this and posted about it in the Brand section of the forum. They may have done it to a Wilderness though. GBR!!

Thank you for responding. I will check it out. I do like the TT, they dinette looks fabulous......just not the most practical of comfortable. Thanks again.

That is an awesome rig. We used to own one. I know someone has done this and posted about it in the Brand section of the forum. They may have done it to a Wilderness though. GBR!!

MountainDon

I just removed the U shaped dinette in the 7' slide in my North trail ( 21 FBS). it took about 20 minutes and the only issue was you need a multi tool to cut out a slot so the wire for the slide lights can slide out the bottom. We replaced ours with a leather sofa from American furniture warehouse ( in Colorado ). I have an entry in what did you do you your camper, but I will attach the pics here.

We plan too put a small coffee table in, perhaps made with the tabletop from the dinette

You only need to remove like 16 screws or so and the parts just lift out, you will need a square drive bit

Attachments

• image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 49
  • image-3.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 37
  • image-4.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 40
  • image-5.jpg
    image-5.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 38
  • image-6.jpg
    image-6.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 35
  • image-7.jpg
    image-7.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 38
  • image-8.jpg
    image-8.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 39
  • image-9.jpg
    image-9.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 53
Thank you for those photos. I could do the removal myself. It looks great. Now I need to see photos of this trailer with the Euro chairs. I do not know how it would look, but a person could even leave one side of the bench in, get different cushions, then put in one Euro chairs. Oh the possibilities.

Are you missing the dinette yet?

I just removed the U shaped dinette in the 7' slide in my North trail ( 21 FBS). it took about 20 minutes and the only issue was you need a multi tool to cut out a slot so the wire for the slide lights can slide out the bottom. We replaced ours with a leather sofa from American furniture warehouse ( in Colorado ). I have an entry in what did you do you your camper, but I will attach the pics here.

We plan too put a small coffee table in, perhaps made with the tabletop from the dinette

You only need to remove like 16 screws or so and the parts just lift out, you will need a square drive bit

MountainDon

I do not think we will miss it at all. I did not find the dinette to be very comfortable and the couch is very comfortable

You have to pay a lot of attention to the size of what you replace it with though - the doorway is SMALL