About to step up to the RW425, concerns?

BigJason

Hi All

We found a 2016 RW425 RT edition that we are just about ready to pull the trigger on, seems like it is equipped well. TV is a 2016 F350 CC 4WD DRW using a BW RVK3300 puc style hitch.

Anything come to mind on the trailer as we do our PDI?

This is a huge step-up from our current 2013 FS30 Raptor toyhauler (bumper pull). Only concern with me at this point is finding parks that can accommodate due to the length of the trailer. We are not full timers just like the extra room and larger garage for our RZR, definitely overkill for what we intend to use it for but it is a beautiful trailer.

Thanks,
BigJ

jimtoo

Hi BigJason,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some info from our other owners soon.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland unit.

Jim M

david-steph2018

Hi All

We found a 2016 RW425 RT edition that we are just about ready to pull the trigger on, seems like it is equipped well. TV is a 2016 F350 CC 4WD DRW using a BW RVK3300 puc style hitch.

Anything come to mind on the trailer as we do our PDI?

This is a huge step-up from our current 2013 FS30 Raptor toyhauler (bumper pull). Only concern with me at this point is finding parks that can accommodate due to the length of the trailer. We are not full timers just like the extra room and larger garage for our RZR, definitely overkill for what we intend to use it for but it is a beautiful trailer.

Thanks,
BigJ

Yes with a bigger unit you need to be selective about the camp sites. We have owned our 427 for about 11 months, and have already found campgrounds where we are too big to get into.
But Road Warrior is just flat out great unit.
I created a PDI inspection list (6 pages) when we bought our unit and walked thru the unit. Our dealer had me stay in it on their lot over night to check things out. Next morning I gave them a list of items I found wrong and they fixed these before pick up day.
Good luck with your unit

pjones1969

Congrats fellow North Texan,

You’ll be glad to know that your Ford won’t even know it’s back there.

We have to be selective when choosing sites but haven’t had to turnaround or postpone any trips yet, I find the height is more of an issue than the length when looking for sites, you can always back in deep and hang over a little but not much you can do about overhanging branches

No real advice on the PDI, search for PDI checklist on here, you will find one by OregonCamper that’s popular, other than take your time and be thorough. Make them fix on site before leaving, don’t fall for “we have to order those parts”

If you plan on running satellite you might want to bring your equipment with you, there’s been discussion on the wiring being wrong and the wrong coax connectors installed preventing satellite signal from working

Check the air pressure before leaving, all 6 of our tires were 20 + lbs low

Don’t be rushed, I was at my dealer for a day and a half playing with everything

Also, it’s probably wired for the Furrion Camera, highly recommend the Observation Camera, not just the back camera, makes lane changing less stressful

Furrion 381556 FOS48TAPK-BL Wireless High-Speed RV Observation System with Mounting Bracket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010XWNFOM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_gpBDBbY35P9HT

Join the Heartland Owners Club and come see us at the upcoming rally in Tyler

Enjoy and reach out if you need anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJason

Congrats fellow North Texan,

You’ll be glad to know that your Ford won’t even know it’s back there.

We have to be selective when choosing sites but haven’t had to turnaround or postpone any trips yet, I find the height is more of an issue than the length when looking for sites, you can always back in deep and hang over a little but not much you can do about overhanging branches

No real advice on the PDI, search for PDI checklist on here, you will find one by OregonCamper that’s popular, other than take your time and be thorough. Make them fix on site before leaving, don’t fall for “we have to order those parts”

If you plan on running satellite you might want to bring your equipment with you, there’s been discussion on the wiring being wrong and the wrong coax connectors installed preventing satellite signal from working

Check the air pressure before leaving, all 6 of our tires were 20 + lbs low

Don’t be rushed, I was at my dealer for a day and a half playing with everything

Also, it’s probably wired for the Furrion Camera, highly recommend the Observation Camera, not just the back camera, makes lane changing less stressful

Furrion 381556 FOS48TAPK-BL Wireless High-Speed RV Observation System with Mounting Bracket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010XWNFOM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_gpBDBbY35P9HT

Join the Heartland Owners Club and come see us at the upcoming rally in Tyler

Enjoy and reach out if you need anything

All good points noted - I will check on the camera setup, it looked like it had one but I guess you change it out with the one you recommended? or maybe it is just a prewired slot there on the rear? Not sure on the satellite that is already installed on the roof but will research this too. I will search for the PDI list.

Thanks for the input.

BigJ

BigJason

Yes with a bigger unit you need to be selective about the camp sites. We have owned our 427 for about 11 months, and have already found campgrounds where we are too big to get into.
But Road Warrior is just flat out great unit.
I created a PDI inspection list (6 pages) when we bought our unit and walked thru the unit. Our dealer had me stay in it on their lot over night to check things out. Next morning I gave them a list of items I found wrong and they fixed these before pick up day.
Good luck with your unit

Good to know the truck will handle it with ease. I did purchase the Firestone airbag analog gauge setup and plan on installing this weekend.

Thanks,
BigJ

pjones1969

All good points noted - I will check on the camera setup, it looked like it had one but I guess you change it out with the one you recommended? or maybe it is just a prewired slot there on the rear? Not sure on the satellite that is already installed on the roof but will research this too. I will search for the PDI list.

Thanks for the input.

BigJ

If is has a camera no need to change, they were coming pre-wired, which meant it had the RV side of the wiring installed and the mount with a blank on it. If it has a dish on the roof then someone else has already done the troubleshooting, sounds like you are good to go!

pjones1969

Good to know the truck will handle it with ease. I did purchase the Firestone airbag analog gauge setup and plan on installing this weekend.

Thanks,
BigJ

Awesome, I had Timbrens that I moved over from my 2012 but they weren’t enough to prevent high headlights and caused a rougher ride unloaded, love the airbags, I’m running 12 unloaded and 80 loaded, you’ll find your sweet spot