Fulltiming?

JandK

Hi folks. Is anybody fulltiming in your Bighorn Traveler? We want the floorplan with the midbunk room but can't find it in the Bighorn or Landmark lines. We will be fulltiming and want to make sure that our 5er is suitable for a fulltime life. Thanks for any information you can offer!

sengli

I know they make that same floor plan in the Big Country fivers, and those for sure are rated for full timing.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Hi folks. Is anybody fulltiming in your Bighorn Traveler? We want the floorplan with the midbunk room but can't find it in the Bighorn or Landmark lines. We will be fulltiming and want to make sure that our 5er is suitable for a fulltime life. Thanks for any information you can offer!

Check out out this link...... https://heartlandrvs.com/ and find out what you want

Can tell you that the Big Horn Traveler is not warranted for full time.

dave10a

What is the criteria for the full time rateing? The Army rated their field tents as full time because they could. To me it is marketing ploy or maybe a method to not warrent an RV if they don't rate it as full time.

BLR

Insurance companies also have a criteria for fulltimers.. With a Toyhauler you must have a separate garage/ living area. No open plan

Sent from BLR Logistics

Hi,
My wife and I have a Bighorn Traveler 37SS and love it.We have been fulltime for a year, and the Bighorn Traveler is warranted for fulltime per Heartland

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I've never known of Heartland turning anyone down for full time use but the Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country brands are specifically rated and warranted in writing for full timers.

bwdt

Just saw your post, I'm full timing in a mid bunk model and these units have issues.

The two biggest issues are construction quality, but some of this may be resolved with Heartlands new PDI program to find issues. On my unit its been the what next syndrome but they are slowly getting resolved.

The second issue has been poor design in some areas, The biggest one is the AC in the Midbunk room, which a fix has been figured out, I hope that heartland uses it. I will have a full post about the fix shortly.

Make sure that you do a thorough inspection before taking delivery, I would seriously look into hiring someone to do it. I am still finding issues on mine after four months.

I've been full timing in my 39mb for a year now. We've had a few issues here and there. Currently our floor in between the bed and bathroom is constantly soaked. We are in the process of getting someone out to fix it. And as stated, the midbunk is not very easily controlled temp wise. Its eaither way to hot in the summer or way too cold in the winter.

danemayer

What is the criteria for the full time rateing? The Army rated their field tents as full time because they could. To me it is marketing ploy or maybe a method to not warrent an RV if they don't rate it as full time.

I would view the "criteria" as you getting your warranty problem fixed after explaining to the dealer, and perhaps to Heartland, that you live full-time in your RV. As Jay said, we've never heard of any full-timer getting turned down for warranty, even on models where warranty doesn't support it. While that's a good indicator, it's not a guarantee of what might happen in the future.

By contrast, you might want to search for and read the warranty statement for competitors like Keystone, where "residential" use causes the warranty, in their words, to "not apply". Interestingly, the Keystone Montana sales brochure claims a full-time warranty, even though the actual Limited Warranty excludes it. Maybe their documents will get in sync soon. If I was considering a new RV for full-time use, I would be a lot more comfortable with it being supported in the Limited Warranty. The brochure statements are always subject to change without notice. No so with the Limited Warranty. The Limited Warranty provided with the purchase is the one that counts.

I just ordered some work to be done by Home Depot where the sales pitch promised a very comprehensive, very competitive, wonderful warranty. However, when I asked for the actual warranty documents, it took them 2 days to find them. And the Limited Warranty documents were at odds with the sales pitch. I asked for 5 specific promises from the sales pitch, that were excluded in the Limited Warranty, to be written into the sales contract. They about had a cow, but got permission from HQ to do so. My view was that a few years from now, after all the current people are gone, there's no telling if the new Home Depot employees would respect the sales pitch details. But I'm comfortable they will have to respect the sales contract. I doubt my Home Depot approach would work with RV sales, but my point is that the language in the sales pitch/brochure isn't worth much in my opinion.

And in my opinion, counting on coverage that is excluded in the Limited Warranty is risky.

So to me, the Heartland Limited Warranty language supporting full-time use is pretty significant.