North Trail - Slide seal replacement

MichaelV

I have a '17, 23RBS and the side slide seals are tearing and coming out of the slot. I don't see a provision to remove the seals. I don't see any fasteners or means to open the channel that holds the seal in place. Do they just slide in from the bottom?

Last edited by a moderator:

mlpeloquin

If the seals look like this:
D-Seal.jpeg
Then they are called D Seals. I purchased replacements from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007EXP006/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can call Heartaland with your VIN number and purchase from them. Remember Heartland's prices are good, but the shipping cost! The seals push up from the bottom. There may be a screw holding them in place an inch or two just inside the seal. Silicone bead is run up the outside edge to help hold them in place as well.

MichaelV

Thanks for the reply. They are the 1.5 inch strips. I removed some foam insulation at the bottom and noticed the channel they slide in was crimped a little so they could not slide out. I opened it up and slide out the old one. Heres a caution. I live in AZ where the temps lately have been about 113. I regularly wipe down the seals with 303 protectant. I think this along with the temps make the seals stick and this is what is destroying them. I may try the protectant and later wiping them with baby powder to help them slide better.