ATF: Bighorn - 3160EL Plumbing Vents

Gadgetman

Is there a plumbing diagram available?? I am trying to identify the 4 plumbing vents on the roof, (i.e., which one is for what).

sengli

Obviously there is a vent for each of your holding tanks(2 grey, 1 black), and usually one for the washer hookup area. Heartland doesnt really publish this type of info, as it changes alot.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You could put an ear to a vent and have someone pour water in a sink or flush the toilet, then listen for flowing water.
Curious as to why this is important to you. Are you having a plumbing problem?

Peace
Dave

Gadgetman

Thanks Jim! Sending you separate email.

Here is the plumbing diagram for the 3160.

View attachment 59103

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, obviously, I knew that. Wanted to know which one was what (on the roof). Thanks for the reply.

Obviously there is a vent for each of your holding tanks(2 grey, 1 black), and usually one for the washer hookup area. Heartland doesnt really publish this type of info, as it changes alot.

- - - Updated - - -

No plumbing problem yet. Thought there was one though. Thanks for the idea!

You could put an ear to a vent and have someone pour water in a sink or flush the toilet, then listen for flowing water.
Curious as to why this is important to you. Are you having a plumbing problem?

Peace
Dave

Gadgetman

It's not 2 grey vents on the left tank, ... one tank vent and the other is a plumbing vent for the washer drain, presents two vents on the roof.
The pic also shows the two (black and grey vents) connected near the top. Mine and at least one other that I know of do not connect together but present 2 separate vents on the roof.

OC,

Why 2 vents on 1 grey tank and the black tank is tied into the other grey tank vent?

mlpeloquin

Everything most likely will be as shown except for the gray water valves. They seem not to put them much farther from the tanks than illustrated. If they were located as indicated, they would be much easier to change out.