Converter Location

Squirlee

Is there any specific reason the converter is located behind the basement wall? All my other 12v stuff is in the nose of the trailer. Would it be ok to move the converter to the front and plug it directly into the battery pack and run a line to the control panel inside directly from the battery (through a circuit breaker obviously)?

Just curious. I was thinking of moving the converter and mount it beside the inverter.

Thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Several of us have moved the converter to a more convenient and accessible location. So long as it can be plugged into a 120V outlet and connected to the battery, it's no problem. Try to locate it so there's no danger of it getting drowned by a water leak and the cooling fan has a clean air supply.

Squirlee

Several of us have moved the converter to a more convenient and accessible location. So long as it can be plugged into a 120V outlet and connected to the battery, it's no problem. Try to locate it so there's no danger of it getting drowned by a water leak and the cooling fan has a clean air supply.

Thank you John.

sengli

The area behind the wall, is where all the mechanicals of the coach are. I moved my converter off the floor of the basement, due to the black tank flush dumping water, all over the basement first time it was used. Thats another story. I have mine now on a wall inside the basement area.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The area behind the wall, is where all the mechanicals of the coach are. I moved my converter off the floor of the basement, due to the black tank flush dumping water, all over the basement first time it was used. Thats another story. I have mine now on a wall inside the basement area.

Same here except I moved it and the surge suppressor before the ASV did it’s thing. Would have fried it and the surge suppressor if I had left them where they were.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk