Eternabond roof project

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, I finished up taping over the caulking joints on the roof, with the exception of the roof cavity vent and the TV antenna base. I think I have enough tape left to do them or I might leave the antenna base alone. Easiest way to go around the tank vents was to cut a length to cover the caulking and then cut a notch to go tight around the pipe. Used small pieces of scrap to cover the joints between the two pieces. I did the roof mounts for the ladder, as well.

On another note, the storage yard near home that I've been using since 2009 suddenly doesn't have room for me. Seems the management decided to add some extra storage locker buildings and took up valuable parking space.. I kept a spot from late September until early May and went back ahead of time each year to renew. Not so this year. So, I'll be storing the rig at the campground for the winter. Creates some logistical problems for winterizing and removing stuff, but we'll work it out.

Update on the logistical problem: I spoke with the CG owner and he'll have me park the rig in front of his big maintenance garage on concrete. That makes it easy for me to move in and out, rather than in his storage area in the back of the CG. As for our extra stuff, I've managed to rent a storage bay nearby, so all of the extra hardware, chairs, grills, pontoon gear, and other non-perishable items will go there for the winter. I'll actually keep it on a yearly basis so I can move items when I need them during the summer instead of having them all stuffed in the rig. Not cheap, but the cost is worth the convenience.

Last edited: