ATF: Bighorn - Mystery HDMI cable

jbs80122

Hi,
While hooking up my Amazon Fire stick, I noticed that my Insignia TV on my Bighorn 3870 FB has three HDMI inputs. HDMI 1 has a cable from the DVD player, and HDMI 3 was open, which I used for my Fire Stick. However, HDMI 2 also has a cable plugged in, which disappears up into the cabinet. Any ideas what this mystery cable is for?
Thanks!

richheck

Seasoned Member
Your Bighorn should be prewired for a Winegard Traveler Sat dish to be mounted on your roof. You should have a wire harness (usually in the front closet of a BH) that will go to the wire location in your ceiling (looks like a plain light switch cover) where the wires will be for your sat dish install. The HDMI wire will run from the Sat receiver to the TV set.

jbeletti

There will likely be a wall plate in the entertainment cabinet up near the cable and satellite jacks. The wall plate will have an HDMI jack in it and possibly some analog/composite AV jacks (round phono style).

The premise is that an owner may wish to locate a DVD player, satellite receiver etc. up there that has an HDMI output. You then merely supply the jumper from that wall plate to your device. Behind that wall plate is an HDMI cable that runs inside the wall and out near the TV and is plugged into the TV.