Option for a early Upgrade Louisville

CDN

B and B
Hello,

We have been presented with a option to upgrade to a Landmark Louisville. This is a brand new 2018 (built 9/17) being sold at a good price The trade difference on the table between our 2 year old (we have had it 16 months) 2017 Bighorn 3575 is very reasonable at $25k CDN. We bought a good discount originally. Numbers are close for in my mind. Our dealer is the only one, one sales guy the owner.

Differences between them I have noted. About 18 inches shorter, no big deal other than basement storage.

Upgrades Yeti Pkg, body paint of course, residential fridge, massive 4500 lbs CCC, H tires and wheels, outdoor TV, 3 AC, Power management, indoor storage for FT use, 80 g of fresh water

Downside, the couch table we would just take out and replace with a lifting coffee table, we eat outside and cook outside mostly, shorter and less basement storage

One concern for a big guy is slide in slide bed. How do you manage this effectively getting in/out. Also no Radio or DVD player just a sounder, that seems really odd to me.

I think we can deal with basement storage shortfall, I like outdoor LCD TV to support our time outside.

This one of those deals that just drop in your lap. We where looking at the Phoenix because of all the outdoor storage. But as we follow some blogs of people here the whole premise of doing with less dictates that is not needed. Looking at our own space we have lots now we could get rid of.

For the time being- F 350 SRW till we retire than either a DRW F 350 (most likely) or a M Series chassis. I did see a cornhusker at Goshen that towed the same trailer with a 2500..

Looking for some thoughts that people have with a trailer of this model.

Last edited:

Fox

This Cheap Charlie doesn't see that there's much to gain, especially for $25K.

But often times - Wants overpower Needs.
Enjoy your new fifth.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would insist that they redo every bit of caulking from top to bottom. If it's sat un-maintained since 9-17, there's a lot of potential issues that could be unseen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldelevatorman

Hello,

We have been presented with a option to upgrade to a Landmark Louisville. This is a brand new 2018 (built 9/17) being sold at a good price The trade difference on the table between our 2 year old (we have had it 16 months) 2017 Bighorn 3575 is very reasonable at $25k CDN. We bought a good discount originally. Numbers are close for in my mind. Our dealer is the only one, one sales guy the owner.

Differences between them I have noted. About 18 inches shorter, no big deal other than basement storage.

Upgrades Yeti Pkg, body paint of course, residential fridge, massive 4500 lbs CCC, H tires and wheels, outdoor TV, 3 AC, Power management, indoor storage for FT use, 80 g of fresh water

Downside, the couch table we would just take out and replace with a lifting coffee table, we eat outside and cook outside mostly, shorter and less basement storage

One concern for a big guy is slide in slide bed. How do you manage this effectively getting in/out. Also no Radio or DVD player just a sounder, that seems really odd to me.

I think we can deal with basement storage shortfall, I like outdoor LCD TV to support our time outside.

This one of those deals that just drop in your lap. We where looking at the Phoenix because of all the outdoor storage. But as we follow some blogs of people here the whole premise of doing with less dictates that is not needed. Looking at our own space we have lots now we could get rid of.

For the time being- F 350 SRW till we retire than either a DRW F 350 (most likely) or a M Series chassis. I did see a cornhusker at Goshen that towed the same trailer with a 2500..

Looking for some thoughts that people have with a trailer of this model.

Someone towing a Landmark with a 3/4 ton. I'd say he's way overloaded. Even with an SRW you'll be close if not over your payload if it's at 18k GVWR. I hope it all goes well and safe travels!
We have a '17 Landmark Newport and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk