Insurance

Oldelevatorman

We have a Progressive Full Timing policy on the Landmark and the truck is covered by Nationwide. Happy with both so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orion7144

late to the party here but wanted to mention that USAA does allow you to add your camper to your auto policy and it is way cheaper than progressive. Our 5th wheel was over $900 a year cheaper than Progressive. Only if you have a Class A or C do they farm you out to Progressive. They should really clarify this on their site.

Thanks for reply PegMikeF,

I am retired military as well and my insurance is with usaa, they don't have RV coverage but they apparently have a deal with progressive, however I think the quote was high, so your right, just shopping around now.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
late to the party here but wanted to mention that USAA does allow you to add your camper to your auto policy and it is way cheaper than progressive. Our 5th wheel was over $900 a year cheaper than Progressive. Only if you have a Class A or C do they farm you out to Progressive. They should really clarify this on their site.

I’ve been with USAA for over 45 years. When we were full time for awhile they “farmed us out” to Progressive. USAA did not have a policy that was the equivalent of a homeowners policy to cover all the RV contents. If you get coverage via your current auto policy, it probably will not cover contents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

todka32

Hello, I am new to this forum as we just purchased a new to us 2017 Heartland Sundance XLT 295BH. This is our 1st 5th wheel and we are very excited to take our 1st trip at the end of this week. I just wanted to let you know that I am an insurance agent who was an underwriter for 14 years before going retail earlier this year. If you have any questions about RV insurance please feel free to ask me. Even if I am not licensed in your state I'd still be happy to help out a fellow Heartlander. Just remember when you are shopping for insurance, the age of your RV, how much you are going to use it in a year, are you a homeowner or not, and more. I hope that helps.

Todd