New to 5th Wheels

I would like to say hi to all i am new to the 5th Wheel, i have just traded my motorhome for a Sundance 3200 MVP 4 slides and 2016 model not been used yet, i get it delivered mid October really exited, I am currently in Spain so it's hot at the moment, if anyone has any tips ie, sun damage etc i would be grateful for any info

LBR

I would first check the entire roof and top of slides....chances are that the unused 3 year old trailer roof hasn't been pampered at all.

I would first check the entire roof and top of slides....chances are that the unused 3 year old trailer roof hasn't been pampered at all.
Thanks but what would i be looking for ? is the roof rubber and what would you pamper it with ?

LBR

Thanks but what would i be looking for ? is the roof rubber and what would you pamper it with ?
Make sure everything is 100% sealed from water. Many members use Dicor self leveling caulking for the top, flat surfaces.

Jim Posz

Caulking of the sidewall corners is important to check. I also suggest that you have the slides well lubed, as the display models are also stored with the slides open.

Enjoy your Sundance!

Caulking of the sidewall corners is important to check. I also suggest that you have the slides well lubed, as the display models are also stored with the slides open.

Enjoy your Sundance!
Thanks for the advice just one more question what do you use to lube the seals ?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Thanks for the advice just one more question what do you use to lube the seals ?
In my opinion, because you are new to 5th wheels, for the first inspection, I would pay a service shop/rv repairman to do the inspection and reseal/recaulk. Learn from a professional. Number one, you have a better idea of what to look for and how to correct any issues and number two you'll have a better "comfort factor" having it done professionally the first time. Just my opinion.

Dean-Pam

In my opinion, because you are new to 5th wheels, for the first inspection, I would pay a service shop/rv repairman to do the inspection and reseal/recaulk. Learn from a professional. Number one, you have a better idea of what to look for and how to correct any issues and number two you'll have a better "comfort factor" having it done professionally the first time. Just my opinion.

Agree with Santa, while most first time buyers don't go to this expense, I feel a lot of frustration could be avoided if they had a professional inspection/maintenance been done the first time around. JMHO

Jim Posz

i would suggest that you have the selling dealer do this prior to delivery. Ask what they use for this. I use a spray lube with ptfe for metal parts; this was used on by a factory technician who serviced my rig at a Goshen rally. Have fun with your rig.