hwh pop off valve 2018 Gateway

lisa-todd

New 2018 5th wheel, Replaced Pop off valve with new one, but still continues to leak even with only cold water on.

Also used new washer/dryer combo for the first time and water poured out the bottom of trailer and underneath the w/d unit.

jimtoo

Hi lisa-todd,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Assuming you have a Splendide combo unit, remove the top of the machine and then start it briefly to locate where the leak is. There are some hose connections inside the unit that may have come loose. Worse case is the water distribution assembly (big white plastic part on top under the cover) has a crack or defect.

If the unit had been run, not winterized properly and subjected to freezing temps, that part can fail internally. My screw up a couple of years ago taught me that.

Once you find and fix the leak, install a drain pan under it.

About the water heater, if you filled it with the valve open until water spewed out, you've overfilled it and it will spill out. Drain some water out of it, turn the supply back on, and then close the valve when you first get a drip from it. It needs an air gap at the top to function properly.

Back to the washer, here's some photos of mine with the top off and the drain pan I installed after the leak occurred. I actually had water dripping off the king pin :(. Got it all dried up, but the overhang panel warped some. First connection I'd check is under the water distribution assembly. It's a soft hose with a wire clip holding it in place. The other is down lower where the actual pump is located. Also check your supply hoses are snug and the valves in the wall fixture don't leak. Be sure the drain hose from the washer is securely attached to the wall drain, too, and that there isn't a problem with that drain line in the wall.

With our floorplan, I was able to route the drain pan hose from the closet, under the dresser and down into the hydraulic/battery cabinet below.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Splendide 2100XC open.jpg
    Splendide 2100XC open.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Leak.jpg
    Leak.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 11
  • Drain Pan secured with line.jpg
    Drain Pan secured with line.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Drain line in Hydraulic Cabinet.jpg