heartland pioneer ds320 awning LED strip

stateofdade

I just took delivery of a new 2019 Pioneer DS320 today. Love the RV, but there is absolutely NO documentation or an owner's manual. For instance, I can't figure out how to control the LED lights on the awning. I found a remote with all of the colors on there, but can't figure out what it does or how to use it. I removed the little sticker on the back of the battery and still no joy. Any help?

So the sensor that works with the remote is on one side of the led strip. Point remote to either corner and see if that helps. Mine also has a rocker s/w inside to power it on or off.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Dddw13

My sensor is on the end closest towards the front of the trailer. Sometimes you have to point the remote just right to get it to work. I also have lights under the trailer and in the outdoor speakers that I have not been able to figure out if I can change colors or not. Anyone have an idea on that?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jerryjay11

Not to be insulting, but you do have to turn the light switch on from inside the trailer. The sensor for the awning leds is located at the front of the tube where you'll see the wiring enter. There's about a 1/4 inch grommet that the sensor should protrude through. If you don't see it then maybe someone pushed it in enough it can't see the remote. I found that out the hard way. I used a thin wire to hook it and pull it back out enough to be seen by the remote.

Be sure that when you pulled the tape out of the remote you got all of it so the battery makes contact.

My sensor is on the end closest towards the front of the trailer. Sometimes you have to point the remote just right to get it to work. I also have lights under the trailer and in the outdoor speakers that I have not been able to figure out if I can change colors or not. Anyone have an idea on that?

Hmm good question. Mine are red.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

stateofdade

Not to be insulting, but you do have to turn the light switch on from inside the trailer. The sensor for the awning leds is located at the front of the tube where you'll see the wiring enter. There's about a 1/4 inch grommet that the sensor should protrude through. If you don't see it then maybe someone pushed it in enough it can't see the remote. I found that out the hard way. I used a thin wire to hook it and pull it back out enough to be seen by the remote.

Be sure that when you pulled the tape out of the remote you got all of it so the battery makes contact.
I'll look for the sensor. I probably looked crazy walking around last night pointing the remote at everything I could think of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

stateofdade

Found the sensor, however, the blue lights are completely non-functional.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jerryjay11

I would suspect you would have blue lights, but you can verify it by looking real close at the light strip to see what color lights the strip has in each segment.

Dddw13

I would suspect you would have blue lights, but you can verify it by looking real close at the light strip to see what color lights the strip has in each segment.
They should be RGB strips in the awning. I as lso have a section of 3 or 4 blue towards the middle that do not work as well, but all others work fine.

jerryjay11

They should be RGB strips in the awning. I as lso have a section of 3 or 4 blue towards the middle that do not work as well, but all others work fine.

I know that, but since OP didn't have any blue I suggested to look to verify. As long as the blue segments are there they should work. I am also assuming the light controller is within the tube since there are only two wires running out there and that the blue segment wire or controller is the cause of the issue.