North Trail - AC unit as entrance site for rodants

Albertg

I've gone all over the underbelly of my unit sealing up the cracks and possible entrance points for rodents. A friend told me that he had mice enter his unit via the AC roof unit, is that possible? I assume the unit is a closed system, should I be looking there for possible entrance points?

jbeletti

Albert - I've never heard of anyone confirming that mice have entered their RV through the roof mounted air conditioner. It may be possible, I'm not really sure.

I have heard of people finding mice in their attic ceilings and in one case, a squirrel in a wall. In most RVs, there's an interior wiring chase that goes up to the ceiling to bring some roof wiring down (marker lights, ceiling lights, speakers, power for fans and ACs etc.). So if a mouse got into the RV from below, it could possibly climb up this chase into the roof system.

sengli

When stored I keep moth balls strewn about the around under the RV. If mice want into your rig, they will find a way in. When not in use we pull all food stuffs out of the rig, as well to decrease the appeal to mice.