Hooking up satellite dish

"Hi-Viz" Bill

When you first turn on the control box the screen will display 'connecting to antenna'

It will switch to 'searching' and once it finishes and is locked on it should display the SATs it is receiving.

These pictures are my control box and my DirecTV SWiM antenna, this is the newest antenna used for HD channels.

GREAT Job, Porthole !! Exactly what I see, and you beat me to the punch, with the pics !!:p:p

Dan54

Got our trailer out for a trip, sitting in Bar Harbor, Maine right now. The satellite box says Winegard Trav'ler LG DTV Slimline SKIDUAC27869. The satellites that came up were 101W, 110W & 119W.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Got our trailer out for a trip, sitting in Bar Harbor, Maine right now. The satellite box says Winegard Trav'ler LG DTV Slimline SKIDUAC27869. The satellites that came up were 101W, 110W & 119W.

Winegard Trav'ler LG DTV Slimline

comes up as a DirecTV item

SAT 101 is a DTV satellite.
110 and 119 I believe are the two primary Dish satellites. Dish also uses a SAT in the 69 degree area.

Odd

- - - Updated - - -

101, 110 and 119 are also locations for the older DirecTV system using a 3 LNB antenna

does your antenna LNB look like the one on this page ?
https://www.solidsignal.com/m/produ...MIjNCa5J2T3gIVyJyzCh380wZ_EAQYAiABEgLW0PD_BwE

Dan54

Don't know what LNB stands for. My antenna is installed on top of my 2011 Landmark.

Oldelevatorman

The other Dish West Coast sat is 129!
LNB stands for low noise block. It takes the microwave signal, amplifies it and sends it to the receiver thru the cable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan54

Thanks for the explanation, I'll get up there & take a look!

Dan54

Contacted Winegard with more details on my equipment after we had our rv out a few weeks ago. Our antenna is a Trav'ler SK-3005 Direct TV Slimline LG. Was pleased to find out there is a conversion that allows it to be adapted to Dish. $229 + shipping.