Cyclone 4270, who has one

2PawsRiver

Just thought it might be a helpful resource to know others who have one in case we have a question, need to know how to fix something, or if something is just normal.

We have a 2019 4270, have been living in it for 4 days.....first RV and there is a huge learning curve.

k2padilla

Salutations from San Antonio, TX! Our family just purchased a new 2018 Cyclone 4270 in September, and we completed our first trip last weekend. We did discover a plumbing leak that my wife was able to repair by tightening the connection behind the crawl through storage space. (R2 one of the panels with no issue in order to locate the source.) The only other issue that we are troubleshooting is that even though we emptied & flushed both Gray/Black tanks, our Gray 2 is indicating 2/3 full. We realize it could be a sensor issue... or it is indeed 2/3 full with a blockage... so we will check it out again soon. (Has anyone else seen this issue?) Otherwise, it was a fantastic first trip at Bandera Riverside RV park on the Medina River only about an hour away from home. We REALLY loved the space, the kitchen, sleeping arrangements for our family of 5, and ESPECIALLY the patios! (Our 2017 F350 SuperDutyTurboDiesel performed like a champ as well!)

We look forward to sharing some community knowledge. All the best, y'all, and take care!

- Kris

jimtoo

Hi k2padilla,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

alsams

Howdy,
We bought a 2018 4270 in February of this year. Only had it out twice as it was pummeled with hail in June. So far we have had no warranty issues but did have a new roof replaced and most of the skirting as well due to the hail storm. So far we are very happy with the rig.

Al

2PawsRiver

Glad everybody is having pretty good luck.....few minor issues with ours.....rear awning does not work, damage on the window slide behind the couch, leak under the main bathroom sink and a leak in the main bathroom toilet. Fixed the leaks myself, called our dealer, Lakeshore RV in Muskegon Michigan about the other issues....told us they could get us in next year....had to chuckle.....next year, great service.

Other then that, it has held up well......though I am still trying to figure out all the cable hook ups in the different rooms.

A note about the gray tank.....rear gray drains up front......that was a fun lesson.

2PawsRiver

Had some maintenance on ours a couple weeks ago......one thing I learned is to check the cables on the Living Room slide. If there is more then a half inch of play you need to have it adjusted. It will only be covered if the adjustment takes place within 90 days of purchase.

Nes002

Not sure how I missed this thread. We bought a 2019 4270 this past January. Loving the unit. Lots of little things I’m fixing myself like most every else experiences. At the moment we have a much larger problem with the main living area slide. It seems to be tilted a small amount and the trim across the top hit a cabinet and snapped off when we retracted it. Going to call the dealer for this one. Too much for me to try and handle on my own. All in all though, we love the unit, get compliments almost every where we go.

We have a 2018 4270 Full Body paint and we love it. Very few issues, just 2 A/C units replaced under warranty. one small water leak near the water heater (rushed worker) tightened and fixed. we have traveled roughly 4500 mile so far with it Disney World just last week for a week. We have a 2017 F450 to do the hard work. I have answered many questions to folks, as well as asked many.

SDunham

I have a 2019 Cyclone 4270 w/Canadian Arctic Package. On the control panel at the top next to the Yeti switch is a white light switch cover with a red light switch. Anybody know what it's for? I'm guessing it has something to do with the arctic package but I really don't know. Flipped it a couple of times and it would turn on but didn't seem to be to anything. Asked the local RV Medic what it was when he came out to fix my Anderson valve, he said he didn't know, he flipped it and it seems to have quit working (doesn't light up anymore at least when it's flipped on). I've looked around the web and can't seem to find a definitive answer so I'm hoping someone on this thread might be able to help me out...I'd post a pic of it but I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

Thanks.

danemayer

I have a 2019 Cyclone 4270 w/Canadian Arctic Package. On the control panel at the top next to the Yeti switch is a white light switch cover with a red light switch. Anybody know what it's for? I'm guessing it has something to do with the arctic package but I really don't know. Flipped it a couple of times and it would turn on but didn't seem to be to anything. Asked the local RV Medic what it was when he came out to fix my Anderson valve, he said he didn't know, he flipped it and it seems to have quit working (doesn't light up anymore at least when it's flipped on). I've looked around the web and can't seem to find a definitive answer so I'm hoping someone on this thread might be able to help me out...I'd post a pic of it but I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

Thanks.

It's likely for the tank heating pads that are part of your Canadian Arctic Package. The smaller switch marked "YETI" probably just turns on the heat tape on the fresh water feed line. That's 12V DC. The tank heating pads are usually 120V AC using a wall switch that lights up.

If if not longer lights up, and you're on shore power, first thing to check would be the main circuit breaker panel. Flip the breakers off and back on, don't just rely on a visual check. If that's ok, you should inspect the back side of the switch.

4270Ron

Hi 4270 owners. Purchased a 2019 this last summer and I am in the going broke upgrade mode.
We intend to hit the road for a couple of months this summer and go full time for a few years in 2021.
We opted for the toy hauler for the added benefit of the garage for many reasons.
I'm hoping I like the side deck. Any opinions?
If you are using the garage table how do you get to the rear deck? :) I was thinking off culling the table in half and using a piano hinge so you could fold the table up to pass thru but not sure how it would look.

1. Looking for some help with how the cable for TV is wired.
The water box has 5 cable inputs that seem to be marked incorrectly.
My unit has four across the top and one down lower.

The lower one by it's self is CATV and goes to the bedroom switch and along with the roof antenna feeds all tv's through the black cables splitter behind the switch panel.

The far left one on the top row appears to go to the bedroom SAT connector
The second from the left goes to the living room SAT connector

The last two are labelled Satellite feed from roof LNB1 & LNB2. Anyone know how to locate the other end of these cables?

The wall plates have two connectors, one of them is the output from CATV/Antenna and is the black cable.
The second one is the gray cable and all I could find is that they are all hooked up together with a splitter behind the switch panel.
Why doesn't it have an input feed and how are they supposed to be utilized?

Anyone have any cool upgrades to the unit they would like to share?

Upgrades so far:
Inline AC surge protector
1300W Solar w/ Outback Charge Controller
3000W inverter/charger. Couldn't believe the unit didn't come with one. Removed factory charger
Lithium Batteries
Underbody storage
RV Locks
Added extra legs under garage couches
Removed two center sections of the couch and mounted work desk towards refrig

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
This should help with the satellite connections.

Attachments

• Coax - Cyc RW TQ Edge - new2, recd. 7-25-17.pdf
    230.9 KB · Views: 18

david-steph2018

In the Road Warrior 427 I mounted E-Track in the garage and in the basement. In the garage I store tv trays, extra gear. In the basement area I keep my extension cords, hang my surge protector, and such items. When we use the rear table, we leave one of the benches folded up to walk thru to the rear deck.