Interior Maintenance Help - MCD Shades Mounting

IP076

All, I had a valance and associated blinds fall off the wall in my 3270RS, above the dining table.

Can anyone tell me how the clips work? Do I just pry them apart to get the blinds/shades off, then reinstall the valance, and then push the shades in until they clip?

also, any ideas for reattaching the unit to the wall? I’m thinking of adding a couple brackets to strengthen it.

Ive attaches some pictures.

Thanks!

Attachments

• F7C15223-2A69-4667-B637-BDA86221EC58.jpeg
    F7C15223-2A69-4667-B637-BDA86221EC58.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 72
  • 1438D8BA-3778-4CFF-AED0-5824E48EAD0B.jpeg
    1438D8BA-3778-4CFF-AED0-5824E48EAD0B.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 77
  • CF3F2D22-DB96-4FC9-937A-68AC43E83711.jpeg
    CF3F2D22-DB96-4FC9-937A-68AC43E83711.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited by a moderator:

Gary521

Re: Interior Maintenance Help

I have the same model and mine fell off too. I am trying to go from memory here. I took the angle brackets off the shade. I mounted the brackets back on the wall and I used plastic wall anchors back where the screws original were. I mounted the shade back on the wall brackets. I used a screw driver with an extension on a drill and put the screws back that held the bracket on the underside of the top. Anyway, that how I did it. If the original screw holes are in too bad a shape, just move the angle brackets over a bit with new screw holes and wall anchors.

Update: I think I took the roller shades off the wall piece. That way I could get a screw driver up to the underside to screw on the top angle brackets. After mounting the top back on the wall, I snapped the rollers for the shades back on. Here I do not remember exactly how the rollers went in place but they did.

IP076

Re: Interior Maintenance Help

Perfect. Thank you. Do you recall how you took the toll out shades out of the wood valance? And reinstalled them? I can’t see how you could screw the unit to the wall with the roll up shades in place.

Gary521

Go on line and google MCD shades. They have videos that show how the mounting clips work.

I just went to my trailer and checked and saw that the screws and plastic anchors were pulling out of the wall. I pushed a screw driver on the front part of the clip and the unit came out very easily. Pushed on the second clip and the whole unit came out. ( see the video as this explains this ) This time I am going to use four or five angle brackets to distribute the load more as those things are pretty heavy. I will a different anchor but, at this time, not sure what. Maybe somebody has a suggestion as what to use to anchor the screws to the wall. There is foam laminated to the luan and metal mollies are a bit difficult.

IP076

I think adding more brackets would be a good plan. I did that but just used screws. I’m not happy with it as I think the same problem will occur again. I’m going on a hunt for some good wall anchors now.

Gary521

I think adding more brackets would be a good plan. I did that but just used screws. I’m not happy with it as I think the same problem will occur again. I’m going on a hunt for some good wall anchors now.

I tried the thin wall metal mollies and they worked great. I also used 4 angle brackets that were purchased at Ace as they are much stronger than the ones that came with the trailer. The metal mollies are the type with a sharp point as you just tap them into the wall with a hammer. Don't reaf on the mollies too hard as they are easy to strip. There is a tool that you can buy that you squeeze and spread the mollies.